Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is 220d no start

memoridha

Hello

So I had the head gasket problem in my 2007 Is220d, so l decided to replace the engine with a used one from 2008. And also I couldn't remove one of the injectors from the old engine so I replaced it with a second hand one snd got it programed using autocom. The car worked fine idling, but when the mechanic took it out for a test drive it stop working after 500 meters. And now the car has no fule pressure at all. I can crank it but it won't run. 

I hope l can get some answers here, this car is becoming a never ending nightmare

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey memoridha, 

from a past experience, did you rebuild the injectors? It’s usually a good thing to do before you put theme in a new engine. 
Did you check the high pressure fuel pump? They can go bad after some time and are pretty expensive 

hope you will find the issue soon

• 4 months later...

Hi

If anyone can help, it would help with whats left of my sanity. (ive also posted this in the clutch/start switch area but please dont think im spamming - the car hasnt moved for 6 months) 

the problem started with not starting,  first reaction was to jump start car - which worked a few times. then didnt. suspected parasitic batt drain, put batt on charge, car wouldnt start next day after full nights charge. took batt to be tested, Battery tested fine on 3 diff test machines - onw at eurocar part, two at Halfords (belt and braces) then wasted a long time on a waste of space autoelectrician who could write the book on excuses for not turning up etc etc.

car would allow keyless entry but wouldnt show any ignition lights either on start button or dash panal.

found a second electriciam just after christmas, he spent a fair few hours poking probing meter reading - still no sign off life from ignition, steering lock wouldnt release. 

this guy then jumped something across in one of the under  bonnet relay boxes (near side front) and got ignition on far enought to get a code reading - which indicated immobiliser fault.

ordered replacement immobilser kit - which includes steering column and loads of othe stuff.

elec then stripped out entire dash, head unit for audio (seriously heavy bit of kit that one) to get at the imobiliser unit, located right at the back of the dash, under the windscreen

at that point i had the car recovered from my house and over to his unit.

replacement immob units fittted, steering lock will now release and car will start up - but only runs for a few seconds. 

wiring checks out ok (he has now aquuired a toyota/ lexus scanner - but tbh im not sure if its a pro one, or like the after market, but good, Jeep ones available - but which lack the dealer level access).

seemingly all the codes indicate all is well (hence my question on acces level to memory) 

speaking to a VW guy today he said he has had similar issues on higher end Audis (presumably the ones whith indicators but no indicator control) and he reckons its a coding issue?

replacement immob system came with only one key, but that shouldnt be an issue in this matter?

Any help gratefully accepted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links