Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not really happy with the treatment received from Lexus Cork

10 hours ago, serbarry said:

Hi David, I don't know the name of the managing director at Lexus Ireland but I guess I could still address the complaint to him. I have all the emails with date and time that I can print. I will wait for my garage to tell me what is the condition of my car in order to have the bigger picture.

Ian Corbett

See here: Ian Corbett - Head of Lexus Ireland - Lexus | LinkedIn

Many of the rest of the senior management are listed on that page too.

• Thanks 1

I have just received a call from a lady who asked me if I was satisfied with the service and I told her that I was not happy at all for being ignored for 2 days concerning the loan car. I would have appreciated even if they had told me that the car was not available but I did not like being left without an answer and me chasing them. I also added that as for the quotation of 3,689 euros of necessary works to be done in my car, I will think about it but it surprises me that these works are necessary now when my car passed the NCT in September without advisories. I might be wrong about this but I will see what my garage says next week.   

I can confirm now that Lexus Cork did not try to rip me off and I am glad to discover this:

my garage has confirmed the diagnose of Lexus Cork. Here below is the reply from my garage:

"Yes the mudflaps are fitted and the tracking is done ,

the rear shock absorbers should be replaced as soon as possible as they are leaking and unsafe; the exhaust system is leaking as per lexus recommendation and there was signs that the left front brake caliper and the left rear brake caliper were seized as per the lexus report 

these would need to be change before you can say this car is safe to drive".

So now I have to decide if to let Lexus Cork to do these works (for peace of mind I would prefer it even if is crazily expensive) or trying to shop around for a cheaper price. Anyway if I go to Lexus Cork maybe I can leave for now the exhaust which does not seem to be very urgent and try to find someone who could fix the leak. I would replace only the shocks and the calipers for now.
What do you suggest?  

Fair enough re the shock absorbers and exhaust. I would still try and find a garage which would work on the calipers to see if they can be freed up. Lexus will only fit new ones at vast expense. Usually they can be retrieved with a little effort.

• Thanks 1

Thank you John, anyway when I called my garage this morning he said that the calipers showed signs that they had been seized but they weren't when he checked them. Anyway if I decide to go for new calipers with Lexus it would be a long lasting solution, wouldn't it? How long could it last if I decide to find a garage which tries to fix the existing ones? 

If they are cleaned and lubricated properly they should last indefinitely. The rear calipers on my MX-5 are similar to GS ones and they are over 30 years old. They just get a bit of TLC every couple of years.

If they are not seized now they can definitely be fixed with a bit of attention. Do all 4.

• Thanks 1

I have booked my car with Lexus to replace the rear shocks absorbers for the 14th April. For the other works I am still looking for someone to treat the calipers and to repair the leak in the exhaust, but the shocks were more urgent.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links