Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It’s now March who has renewed there insurance for this year and at what cost have noted Range Rover are doing insurance for there customers unable to insure there vehicles what a sad day

I tried go compare last week and got quotes from £755 to £2995 for 2015 rx450. Have taken what I think is the most reliable company in the list from £755 and upwards. Hastings direct for £810.

• Like 1

Got a renewal quote for my rx400 from admiral, not impressed, was £1050... did a bit of searching and went with 1st Central for £500, told admiral I wont be renewing with them as I have found another company for less than half there quote, they offered a £65 discount for being a loyal customer....HMMM   how can £65 discount match the quote... told them no obvs...  

4 hours ago, johnmac1956 said:

March 25th renewal date. £736 with NFU. Increase of about £70 on last years.

Thats 10% in one year. What was increase from 2022 to 2023? 

The new LBX is proving difficult to insure as only Lexus Insurance Services can quote just now and at over £3000 for the smallest Lexus car new owners are in for a shock.    No well known Comparison site or well know car insurer like Direct Line or Churchill for example are listing the LBX just now but Lexus Insurance Services have just started quoting.    Lexus Insurance don't insure anything, they use an underwriter for their business but the chap who was quoted over £3000 was paying £400 for his previous car.    Order books are full for the LBX but I'm guessing no one has asked about what it will cost to insure as a new launch model will always get in the way of mundane matters like how much will it cost to insure.     Not sure why the LBX is so different as the UX is a car that has been around a while and there appears to be no horror stories about expensive insurance.   Moreover my renewal for my LS500h  has risen by 60% (Churchill)  from £675 to £1100   with 15 years NCD, no penalty points or convictions and living in a small Yorkshire town.   This is just the beginning of another stake in the heart of the motorist. 

Year before was with LV think it was approx £520. That was when the car was new. They gave me as I remember quite a high renewal figure. So searched around at the time and found other companies that would match the £500 ish from the previous year.Decided to go with NFU at a higher price. They offered an old for new policy in the event of total loss.Also rated as the best to deal with in the event of a problem.

I did take out a 4 year Total loss Gap policy at £500 when I purchased the RX,So well covered in the event of any issue.

This year searched the normal comparison websites before contacting the NFU. Cheapest quote was £650ish. Aviiva were approx £720. I would have gone with them if the NFU were silly money. Quite surprised/happy with the quote they gave me.

My insurance renewal is due on the25th March.I  had to get my insurance sorted out early before the NFU sent me out my renewal letter.(They do not send out email renewal quotes,unless asked.) 

I am currently enjoying the heat n Sun in India for most of March.

Prevous year was £560 with Direct Line. Was quoted around £900 for renewal, but on saying I'd cancel it was reduced to £660. That's for their comprehensive plus cover, which provides fully comp in Europe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Prevous year was £560 with Direct Line. Was quoted around £900 for renewal, but on saying I'd cancel it was reduced to £660. That's for their comprehensive plus cover, which provides fully comp in Europe.

So it's back to direct line next year for me.

Dealt with GAP Insurers during my working life with Direct Line.   Notorious for telling their customers that their Insurance Company haven't offered enough for the car when they write it off.    Why?    E.G   You are insured with a really good insurer who write your car off and they  offer you top book settlement usually based on Glasses Guide or Black Cap Book.    This is the maximum retail figure or if it's exceptional they offer you more than full retail.   Full retail is the figure that the same car is supposed to be selling for at dealerships with no old standing damage, average or below average miles, full service history, at least 3-4mm of tyre tread on all 4 wheels.   Dealers however ignore these rules despite them contributing to the data on which used car prices are calculated. Invariably their retail forecourt fig will be £500-£1000 above retail.     

You then contact your GAP policy holder as they are obliged to make up the shortfall between your offer from your motor insurer and the cost of a identical new car.       At no time in my working life in Motor Insurance Claims did a Gap Insurer ever say Yes your motor insurer has offered you a great figure so we will pay the difference.     Every single time they would say your insurer are not valuing  the car correctly.      Well why would they?   They want to minimise their contribution  so tell you to go back to your motor insurer and challenge their valuation.     Some motor insurers do make ridiculous write off figures but this can be for numerous reasons like pre accident condition being poor, old standing damage not repaired, very high mileage etc etc. 

In principle GAP insurance sounds great because it's sold as a money stream for the dealer who gets a commission for every policy sold.   The dealer has no involvement if you invoke a claim.       

My yearly is due in May I belive.  Last couple of years I have been with AXA but gone through a broker which surprisingly was cheaper but they did get me a bit of extra discount for being a club member so worth asking. 

Hi Barry I was with AXA last year they doubled my premiums from just over £600 to over £1200 would not give reason to big hike so went to comparison site but not much better over 30years no claims no conviction of any type Lexus insurance are a joke but if you got a good deal well done.

On 3/4/2024 at 7:11 PM, whiteman said:

Got a renewal quote for my rx400 from admiral, not impressed, was £1050... did a bit of searching and went with 1st Central for £500, told admiral I wont be renewing with them as I have found another company for less than half there quote, they offered a £65 discount for being a loyal customer....HMMM   how can £65 discount match the quote... told them no obvs...  

Jeez. I have my 2005 400 coming up. I am going to wait until about a month before to start searching. This is recommended (why? I don't know). How many people are going to be priced out of vehicle ownership I wonder? Surely there will be a ramp up of illegal drivers too.

It feels like a drive to reduce vehicle ownership (affecting only average people) – wealthy of course no problem. Rampant profiteering. I would advise people to buy shares in insurance companies?

On 3/5/2024 at 8:16 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Roughly speaking what sort of insurance rate for a 125K mile 2005 RX400H, social only, off road parking, no driving offences – please do not run the reg, just looking at a ball park? Any idea what it' be?

I've reinsured with Hastings this time following L&V's withdrawal.

100% increase on last year's premium but 50 - 60% of that isn't Lexus related specifically 

5 hours ago, Greisingel said:

Roughly speaking what sort of insurance rate for a 125K mile 2005 RX400H, social only, off road parking, no driving offences – please do not run the reg, just looking at a ball park? Any idea what it' be?

That isn't going to happen Andy, you'll have to PM him otherwise he won't respond.

• Thanks 1

I renewed in early February. Last year I paid £432 underwritten by 1st Central. This year I sought online comparison quotes 25-30 days before renewal date, such a prior period is suggested in order to achieve a level of competitiveness as premiums quoted inexplicably rise nearer to actual renewal date. I think it's called profiteering. I also contacted Companies who do not quote on comparison sites.

Many Companies I researched quoted significantly high levels of compulsory excess, some as high as £1220 whereas my policy holds to £350. The highest premium I was quoted was £1,550 with Direct Line (£500 excess) closely followed by LV at £1,087 (£700 excess).

I ended up staying with 1st Central who quoted £650 (£350 excess, 14 years NCB, protected).

Insurance premiums seem to have become very arbitrary, the cause behind such apparent randomness is concerning.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last year I paid circa £600. This was from AXA through Sterling Services.  They have now quoted £2130 for renewal in mid May.  I live in Devon and have not cost my insurers anything for years.  I was rear ended in 2020 and T boned by a driver coming out of a side road into a main road in 2022, so neither accident my fault and other drivers insurers paid full cost.  Best deal I have obtained so far is £1474-48 from RAC, also with lowest total excess. Saga weighed in with an eye watering £3759-56.  So still looking  and answering questions.

It's time consuming going through various comparison sites etc answering mostly similar questions.  How much easier it would be and time saving if there was a standard industry form listing all the questions insurers ask with ones that individual companies don't need answered blacked out so you only had to do this once for the majority of quotes from different companies.

I'm not at all convinced that underwriters any longer recognise the financial consequences that used to differentiate between 'fault' and 'no fault' claims.  It seems to be more a question of finding any reason to load your premium ... even if there isn't one!!

It's got to the point where we might need to seriously consider joining such lawlessness and settle claims (where financially viable) without notifying insurers on the off chance that maintaining a 'clean sheet' might at some stage be of self benefit.

That said I'm not holding my breath!

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

I'm not at all convinced that underwriters any longer recognise the financial consequences that used to differentiate between 'fault' and 'no fault' claims.  It seems to be more a question of finding any reason to load your premium ... even if there isn't one!!

Exactly that ^^^^^^^^^^

Its the way of most companies these days, always trying to find a way of increasing director’s bonuses, sorry, I mean profits by using whatever means they can to screw their customers.

Well I started with the quote as previously mentioned for £2130 this morning and ended up with £1261.67 (including £44 for break down service), by late afternoon.  So a saving made more than I ever earned in a day!  This lowest quote was for Ageas via Compare the Market, with Ageas who I have used previously.  It was interesting that comparison sites showed considerable differences for the same insurers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links