Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member- Own Lexus 450h premier-2018 model

faz haq

Hi Guys,

I recently joined your Forum.

This is my second lexus 450h purchased a year ago.

I had an accident on 1st march '23 ( my fault) .

Driveable ,but damage to the bonnet, grill, cameras etc.

My insurance company arranged repair quickly with their recommended  body shop, but I opted to go with my LEXUS dealer . (Yet to go for repair as the date given is 18th May, Two months from the date my insurance company authorised Lexus dealer on 13th March '23- too busy they say)

As atleast five  safety messages are appearing regularly recommending a visit to the dealer.( Messages like lane change , cruise control malfunction etc), I took my car to the dealer who Checked and reassured me it is safe to drive with those messages  and to ignore it.

Recently as i was driving with my wife a loud "Bang" was heard by both of us, preceded by two tiny  loud noises on different days( which i thought were  from other cars).I took my car again to the dealer who checked , test drove and reassured me all is okay.They couldnt explain what and why that loud noise that we heard.

I am a bit reluctant to drive my Lexus now and use my wife's car most of the time till it is repaired.

However I am still concerned about this loud bang while driving and if this will not appear after repair.

Any ideas?? Could this be related to damage done to the front  following accident??

I await to hear your advice and  comments .

Thanks.

Faz

19 minutes ago, faz haq said:

Any ideas?? Could this be related to damage done to the front  following accident??

Clearly it could be, but impossible for anyone on the forum to say without seeing the vehicle, personally I would avoid driving the vehicle until the repair is completed.

The risk you have is there is a mechanical issue related to the accident and if goes undetected in the repair the insurance company may take the view it was not due to the accident and you end up having to foot the bill, (this happened to me but eventually I got the insurance to pay up.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links