Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation display internal issues 2009MY GS450h

I recently purchased a replacement screen bezel of eBay, and today I went to fit it. But I have discovered a very dodgy repair inside the my unit.  The PCB with the hazard switch etc on it seems to be the incorrect one, and all the screw post are broken. I have transfered accross the two side PCBs to the good eBay bezel, but  I do not know if the small PCB is correct for my 2009 GS450h. It is the Mark Levinson version as well.

20230507_111738.jpg

20230507_115150.jpg

20230507_115153.jpg

Edited by hazelnut
typo

I decided to just get another ML multi display from eBay. However the newly acquired one seems much darker than the original.  This solved the PCB confusion, as the PCB screws onto the switch carrier, and the screw posts were all missing on my original one. The spare bezel I previously got had an additional light box inside the front panel, I think later cars must come with some sort of ION filter, easy enough to remove.

After some swapping of parts, I kept my display and tyre ECU used the good new bezel, the darker switch carriers and darker tape/cd.  I quite like the contrasting darker multi display I now have, plus all the buttons work now. 

I now have to dispose of a spare Mark Levinson multi display with the light grey front with some dodgy internal plastic repairs...

20230511_130631.jpg

20230511_115912.jpg

20230513_122747.jpg

20230511_152057.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

5 months in, and the clock has now stopped working, and the illumination to some of the switches in this multi-display are no longer lit either. The radio and the Grom V2 all work fine, as does the display.  Does this sound like a display fault, or a Grom wiring fault or some other fuse?  

Just did a quick 'swap' in of another unit, and the illumination on that one is good. Swapped back to the 'suspect' display and issue returns. So conclusion is the display unit is at fault,  Grom is OK, and fuses are OK. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links