Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Recirculation - Pollen filter hood not moving!

Hello,

Went to change the pollen filter only to find that the pollen filter vent hood does not have any resistance to it and can be flipped up easily by hand yet does not move when the air recirculation button is pressed.

Any idea how to fix this and is it an issue as I have never recalled using the recirculation feature?

Many thanks!

Hi Sherlock

Yes the lever that controls the Recirc as Broken and if you looked at it in the Fresh air Mode and the slightest  touch to move it will result in it breaking.

Someone as  tried to move it without putting it in Recirc Mode which results in it breaking

if you look around the passenger kick panel area you will will fiind the broken lever

A few years ago when i Had my 2010 Gs mine was broke not by me i might add i got it changed at Sheffield for £50 approx i suspect it will be more now but there is a repair kit for it

Hello Robert,

That is very helpful thank you - I have had a google for a repair kit with no luck, any way you could send me a link or furnish me with the Sheffield garage contact details?

All the best.

Sherlock

I have had a good look but cant find anything But the repair kit is a Lexus part I will have another search to see if i can find the part number i am sure i must have on my pc somewhere but it was 10 year ago that i had it done

sorry for late reply i have been away

Hi Sherlock

The Part Number For The "Repair Damper ASSY is L87020-30010 the cost of this part when i bought it was £22.18

The total cost inc assy was £72.50  it took less than 30 minutes to do but they did take glove box out but as i said it was 10 yrs ago

Hope this helps

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links