Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Take a look at this!!

Localhero

Just now, HPS13 said:

I agree with Malc that the underside of the car generally looks in good shape. Is the oil possibly from previous filter changes where oil has ran down the engine? 

The only thing that I might address would be the brake pipe. Just check it's solid end then use a little piece of sandpaper to clean it up. You can use Hammerite black spray paint or something similar to protect it. I would do the same with the flexible brake hose at the ferrule (where the brake pipe and hose meet). 

Otherwise, looks good! 

Appreciating the feedback / recommends !

I had the same health check done when I bought the car 3+ years ago at lexus Chester all good, I have never taken the underside shields off, but got a good look underneath when my exhaust was fitted, so I had the underneath supposedly steam cleaned and waxoyled at a local garage, I was aware of very slight oil leak advised on last mot, asked garage to sort it out, they didn't have time so took it to an alternative garage who said it was oil filter seal and tightened it, since which there has been no stains on my block paved drive, Steve has my last health check,receipt for waxoyling, and everything else, the discs and pads are all less than 3k miles old, the thing is we all want our 16/20 year old to be like new and to whatever extent we go they never will be,Stew

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Localhero said:

I had the same health check done when I bought the car 3+ years ago at lexus Chester all good, I have never taken the underside shields off, but got a good look underneath when my exhaust was fitted, so I had the underneath supposedly steam cleaned and waxoyled at a local garage, I was aware of very slight oil leak advised on last mot, asked garage to sort it out, they didn't have time so took it to an alternative garage who said it was oil filter seal and tightened it, since which there has been no stains on my block paved drive, Steve has my last health check,receipt for waxoyling, and everything else, the discs and pads are all less than 3k miles old, the thing is we all want our 16/20 year old to be like new and to whatever extent we go they never will be,Stew

Stew, I was very realistic with this car. Just because I am a novice at car maintenance does not make me naive. Had there been nothing on the healthcheck I would have been astounded. I certainly bought it knowing that there would be something needing my attention if not now then in the future. As I have said before, but I will repeat, you did a smack up job sorting this car out in most of the ways that count. 

As to the oil leakage, like you I looked at my drive and there is nothing to be seen anywhere so whatever may be going on it certainly is nothing of immediate concern.

Personally, I took great comfort from the fact that Lexus Preston said this was the 'cleanest' SC 430 to come through their care. That counts for a lot more than peripheral stuff  that we all know we are going to get when we decide that we want a car of this age.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links