Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 11/26/2023 at 11:15 PM, Ipad said:

Not 70% but around 20%

I checked again, and the service manager of the most recognised auto service and repair shop on this side of Bristol (business doing auto boxes for over 40 years). According to him, they did a fair few of these boxes in the IS over the years, and he confirmed that they kept the car in for a full working day, drained around 4.5-5.2  litres of ATF, and changed the filter and gasket. As they say, up to 70% is close enough.

I am not here to argue with your superior knowledge, but I tend to count on the service manager and his experience. If you read page 30, point 11 of the November edition of Car Mechanic, where they have a 2010 IS250 as a project car (and I quote the part dealing with refilling' after draining the initial 1.2 litre from the pan and putting the gearbox ECU into testing mode in the OBD port - so it can tell them how much in the system).

We need to follow a set of instructions so that the gearbox goes into the checking procedure.

• First.. press the brake pedal and start the engine. Move the selector lever from 'P' to 'S'
  • Select gears 1 to 6, then return to 'P'
  • Now, move the selector between 'N' and 'D' at 1.5-second intervals for at least six seconds until the 'D' symbol on the dash illuminates.
  • If the 'D' symbol on the dash flashes, you are required to add more ATF. So switch off and remove the bridging wire in the OBD port.
  • Allow the ATF to cool for about 15 minutes (it needs to be below 30C to do the testing).

Our car demand more ATF, so we filled the sump again. We used up the two litre supplied and had to order another two 1x litre bottles for delivery. An ATF filter change is meant to drop only 1.4 litres out, but we were adding in more than that. Eventually after about 3.2 litres, the ATF was flowing nicely out of the filler plug aperture, and we refitted the plug once it was down to a dribble. This time with the EOBD bridged, the 'D' illumination stayed solid, and the test was completed. So 1.2+4=5.2, which is 70% of 7.5 litres.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, Thelongterm said:

I checked again, and the service manager of the most recognised auto service and repair shop on this side of Bristol (business doing auto boxes for over 40 years). According to him, they did a fair few of these boxes in the IS over the years, and he confirmed that they kept the car in for a full working day, drained around 4.5-5.2  litres of ATF, and changed the filter and gasket. As they say, up to 70% is close enough.

I am not here to argue with your superior knowledge, but I tend to count on the service manager and his experience. If you read page 30, point 11 of the November edition of Car Mechanic, where they have a 2010 IS250 as a project car (and I quote the part dealing with refilling' after draining the initial 1.2 litre from the pan and putting the gearbox ECU into testing mode in the OBD port - so it can tell them how much in the system).

We need to follow a set of instructions so that the gearbox goes into the checking procedure.

• First.. press the brake pedal and start the engine. Move the selector lever from 'P' to 'S'
  • Select gears 1 to 6, then return to 'P'
  • Now, move the selector between 'N' and 'D' at 1.5-second intervals for at least six seconds until the 'D' symbol on the dash illuminates.
  • If the 'D' symbol on the dash flashes, you are required to add more ATF. So switch off and remove the bridging wire in the OBD port.
  • Allow the ATF to cool for about 15 minutes (it needs to be below 30C to do the testing).

Our car demand more ATF, so we filled the sump again. We used up the two litre supplied and had to order another two 1x litre bottles for delivery. An ATF filter change is meant to drop only 1.4 litres out, but we were adding in more than that. Eventually after about 3.2 litres, the ATF was flowing nicely out of the filler plug aperture, and we refitted the plug once it was down to a dribble. This time with the EOBD bridged, the 'D' illumination stayed solid, and the test was completed. So 1.2+4=5.2, which is 70% of 7.5 litres.

If you fill up vith 1.5 litre that is more or less the same you take out when open the drain plug so you have to take out the drain plug again and take out 1.5 litre that is a mix off old and new oil, so fill up again vith 1.5 litre and run the engine again to find the corect level fore 3rd time, and so you ceep on, meaning that if you have used 6 litre of oil you also have taken out some of the new oil when doing the drainig.  This is to my knowledge the only way to do this oil change as far i know, but Flushing vil take out all oil in one time and replace it vith new oil. I realy dont understand that the garage can work on your car fore all day fore the price included oil, but thats your story.  Sorry fore bad english.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 1:32 PM, Ipad said:

I flushed mine, but vithout the detergent that normali is in the Flushing jobb, no problem after det jobb and the gearbox shift earlier , so superhappy vith the decicion.

Is your auto box still doing well 2 months after flushing? I'm interested if you had any ill effects... 

On 12/27/2023 at 7:08 PM, Spark plug said:

Is your auto box still doing well 2 months after flushing? I'm interested if you had any ill effects... 

no problem, sam as first day after Flushing, but remember i only used the oil in the Flushing prosess, no additives that is normaly used in Flushing .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links