Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel economy........

I reset the average mpg on filling the tank. Having travelled 405.1 miles I then refilled and calculated the fuel economy. The reading on the dash indicated an average of 54.1 however, on calculating my fuel usage (4.546 litres gallon equivalent) I was astonished at the accuracy as my calculations revealed 54.61 mpg.

Although using the same filling station the only variable could have been a different pump dispensing a slightly different amount - I always stop at the first click. Never had any car where the car's estimation was so close to real world results.

• Like 6

Same here, I've commented about it before, reading 57mpg and it was actual 55 something. Makes a change as you say, previous motors were never that close, were just an optimistic rough guess at most.

• Like 1

I drove from Birmingham to Wigan today (79 miles) and stayed around 55 to 65MPH with climate control set on 20C and got 63 MPG!

I did stay behind some HGV trailers on the route to use their slipstream, seemed to work!

• Haha 1

Well I drove from Preston to Clitheroe and back today and burned enough fossil fuel to make 'Just Keep Oil' really happy. The wife did keep trying to stick her foot through the floorwell, but on her Anniversary I thought she deserved a little excitement. Her solicitors will be in touch.

• Like 1

I like Preston. It's like going back in time looking at all the old people smoking cannabis on the streets. No I am not joking.

At least it is better than Bolton. 

The guy at the toll booth let me in after I slipped him a couple of quid

Just now, GMB said:

I like Preston. It's like going back in time looking at all the old people smoking cannabis on the streets. No I am not joking.

I live round Preston and work in Manchester. Preston is not great, but having grown up in Blackburn it looks amazing!

Just now, GMB said:

"I like Preston"

How much did the council pay you to say that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lancashirelad1985 said:

but having grown up in Blackburn it looks amazing

At least in Blackburn you will survive growing up. In Bolton it is 50/50 that you survive your youth without getting stabbed.

I like North Preston, the people are a lot posher around Fulwood. whereas Bamber Bridge OMG!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GMB said:

At least in Blackburn you will survive growing up. In Bolton it is 50/50 that you survive your youth without getting stabbed.

I like North Preston, the people are a lot posher around Fulwood. whereas Bamber Bridge OMG!

Bamber bridge isn’t that bad. Ribbleton and deepdale are far worse.

Actually, I met some really nice people from Moor Nook and they really did not like living there. Maybe things have improved.

I wonder if Stephen  ( Baby boomer like me ) is from Moor Nook. he seems to be a nice person.🤨

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links