Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"Share Geolocation Data" Setting is currently disabled.

23 hours ago, Tickedon said:

I believe mine is, though not 100% sure. 

I still occasionally have some problems. 

As an update, mine is linked to key and phone so I disabled Bluetooth on my phone and opened with my key. The display acknowledged it was me (from my key) and said it loaded my profile. Three minutes later I still received the dreaded profile not synced message. I'm at a loss now.

• Sad 3

To provide an update: the "share geo-location data" warning/alert screen dialogue box persists, and nothing so far has prevented recurrence at each start.

I've asked Lexus centre and the dealership for help more than once, but no assistance so far.

I believe it coincided with an automatic settings update from Lexus about a week or so ago, which was noticed at the same time as the alert appeared.

This is very poor service from an up-market brand manufacturer and retailer.

I too am at a loss now, and any suggestions are welcome.

Very disappointing.      

• Sad 1

Further update on this issue: the fault is still present, Lexus referred me to the dealer, the dealer has asked Lexus to help.

Is there a hint of avoiding responsibility here?

It is certainly frustrating and extremely disappointing!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A further update: An automatic update of the settings function lost all the personal data and a completely different interface was substituted, but without instructions on how to restore lost data or the Information functions. The revised Navigation function no longer seems to respond. Using the car without the normal settings is yet another issue and inconvenience to deal with.

Aggravatingly, the "share geo-location" fault is still present.

I have asked Lexus and the dealer to take the car and correct the issues without delay, but no agreement on this yet.

I don't know if this development has affected others?

I am no longer surprised by the appalling level of customer service provided by a premium brand to resolve the ongoing issues. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, RTD said:

A further update: An automatic update of the settings function lost all the personal data and a completely different interface was substituted, but without instructions on how to restore lost data or the Information functions. The revised Navigation function no longer seems to respond. Using the car without the normal settings is yet another issue and inconvenience to deal with.

Aggravatingly, the "share geo-location" fault is still present.

I have asked Lexus and the dealer to take the car and correct the issues without delay, but no agreement on this yet.

I don't know if this development has affected others?

I am no longer surprised by the appalling level of customer service provided by a premium brand to resolve the ongoing issues. 

Hi Tom

Sorry to hear about your continuing issues!

SInce I initially started this thread and reported it was fixed (both on 25 November), I've not had this problem recur. Insert Fingers Crossed emoji!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
W dniu 12.12.2023 o 14:02, RTD powiedział:

Dalsza aktualizacja: Automatyczna aktualizacja funkcji ustawień utraciła wszystkie dane osobowe i zastąpiono zupełnie inny interfejs, ale bez instrukcji, jak przywrócić utracone dane lub funkcje informacyjne. Zmieniona funkcja nawigacji wydaje się już nie odpowiadać. Korzystanie z samochodu bez normalnych ustawień to kolejny problem i niedogodność, z którymi trzeba sobie poradzić.

Co gorsza, usterka "udziału w geolokalizacji" jest nadal obecna.

Poprosiłem Lexusa i dealera, aby zabrali samochód i niezwłocznie naprawili problemy, ale nie ma jeszcze porozumienia w tej sprawie.

Nie wiem, czy ten rozwój wpłynął na innych?

Nie jestem już zaskoczony przerażającym poziomem obsługi klienta zapewnianym przez markę premium w celu rozwiązania bieżących problemów.

Hi,
I have this problem too. I have already replaced the DCM module twice and there is still a problem with the connection. 
This has been going on for 4 months now. Has anyone had this and know the solution?

Hello Mateusz,

This problem has become more involved than originally realised, and relates to data used by the car systems.

I don't think it's a hardware problem, it's likely to be a firmware issue, that remains to be resolved.

My understanding is that if you disable the DCM module, no interactive communication is possible, but I don't know how the car system components would be affected.

Can your local Lexus/Toyota dealer not assist you?

Good luck.

Tom.

After starting the car, a message appears after a while about connecting services being disabled. If I don't turn on some things like traffic etc it doesn't work. If I turn it on, sometimes it will turn off again after a while, and sometimes only after restarting the car. Lexus link+ has not recorded any routes since then. The car is at the service center every 2 weeks and they try to do something, they reported it to the headquarters, they replaced the DCM module twice. Everything so far has been unsuccessful. I don't know what to do anymore and I guess that's why I'm looking for a service on the Internet.

Hello Mateusz,

My problem has been going on since last November, and the alert messages recur every car start, if sharing data is not enabled, and the matter has not been resolved.

I don't know what is going on at Lexus/Toyota but the problems obviously affect owners not in UK as well, and they haven't resolved it yet.

Sorry I can't be of more help just now.

Let us know if they solve your problem.

Good luck.

Tom.

Exactly - I'm writing from Poland 🙂 If something is solved for you, let me know and I'll let you know too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links