Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"Share Geolocation Data" Setting is currently disabled.

I've had this pop-up for a couple of days on start up.

I've tried to toggle to 'on' which is does until next time I get in the car!!

Anyone else had this?

I'm at Lexus Leeds in a week or so for the fuel flap replacement so they can sort it then if I can't find a solution!

It's just frustrating.

1000004234.thumb.jpg.54b493e218b953b04c5a2c9a034d5768.jpg20231125_102020.thumb.jpg.efb2bcf83d734d9911b559774fad9e2f.jpg

Hi Alan,

I had the same pop-up in my NX350h yesterday so you're not alone. I clicked on "OK" and then re-enabled the "Share geolocation with Toyota" option. I haven't driven the car since doing that so not sure if the problem has been resolved permanently. 

Maybe a blip at the Lexus\Toyota back-end?

• Like 1

Guys....happening on my NX 450h+ as well. It appears each time I start the car and I have to re-enable it. The message says Geolocation Sharing disabled by outside network settings so maybe from the Lexus Connected servers? It's a PITA so would be pleased to find out how to overcome it.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yup, me too. I’ve been experiencing exactly same for a couple of weeks. I have discussed with dealer who admits they have no idea what is causing it and it has been added to the rather long list of connectivity issues I have and which tech support are supposedly working on.

@Alan Thompson I’ll be interested to hear what Lexus Leeds have to say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes....and another one with same problem.... on a 450+. As  others, I have pressed OK button and followed instructions to re-instate, only to get same on next trip. 

It also shows a 'reset' in red, wanting password etc....I have left this well alone.

Would suggest that Lexus owners who do not read this forum will be queuing outside or on the phone to respective dealers.

Beginning to agree with many people on this forum, that it is a great car totally let down by Multimedia software

• Like 4

Hi

Exactly same problem with my NX 350H. Started happening yesterday when my wife was out in the car. Occurred again today, so I switched the toggle switch to connect to Toyota. 30 seconds later I watched it toggle back.  I think this must be an issue with Toyota.,it has not happened before

• Like 2

Just the same for me yesterday, occurred every time I started the car. Seem to be spending more time with this car messing about with messages on the multimedia system than actually watching where I'm going. It's one hell of a distraction.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jon Harvey said:

Hi

Exactly same problem with my NX 350H. Started happening yesterday when my wife was out in the car. Occurred again today, so I switched the toggle switch to connect to Toyota. 30 seconds later I watched it toggle back.  I think this must be an issue with Toyota.,it has not happened before

So can we all blame your wife John? 😂

• Haha 1

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to respond.

At least I now know it's not something I've done myself!!

As others have said, I am now questioning whether I would get another Lexus when I decide to change.

This is my first Lexus (apart from an IS200 when they were first launched which was a company car), and the 'Experience Amazing' strap line they use is not appropriate to my experience.

Maybe it should be: 'You'll Be Amazed'...............by the number of issues you'll have! 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zanderblue said:

Yup, me too. I’ve been experiencing exactly same for a couple of weeks. I have discussed with dealer who admits they have no idea what is causing it and it has been added to the rather long list of connectivity issues I have and which tech support are supposedly working on.

@Alan Thompson I’ll be interested to hear what Lexus Leeds have to say.

I'll report back, although I guess it will disappear just as quickly as it started once someone at Toyota gets some insulation tape for the wiring on their server.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mobeam said:

Yes....and another one with same problem.... on a 450+. As  others, I have pressed OK button and followed instructions to re-instate, only to get same on next trip. 

It also shows a 'reset' in red, wanting password etc....I have left this well alone.

Would suggest that Lexus owners who do not read this forum will be queuing outside or on the phone to respective dealers.

Beginning to agree with many people on this forum, that it is a great car totally let down by Multimedia software

Me too David - I've stayed well away from the reset button.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

OK guys excuse me if I jinx it, but I have just been out in the car and the issue has not reoccurred over a couple of stops and starts. 🤞

I was just going to post the exact same thing.

Maybe the Takumi master has put down his origami and fixed the server. Probably he was using his non-dominant hand previously. 😁🫰

• Haha 4

Had the same problem which was frustrating, and tried unsuccessfully to make it go away many times during the day, then the car asked me to log in with my password last night whilst driving. Since doing that the car seems to have stopped playing up, but I have not checked to see if the privacy issue related to geolocation has been resolved. My car location is showing up in the app, so I guess something is working.

• Like 2

Good morning.

My 2023 UX250h F-sport Design has been doing the same thing since last week, and the notification recurs each time the car is restarted.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I've asked the dealer and Lexus, but no response so far.

It's another unwelcome and irritating multimedia issue, that Lexus don't seem to be able to overcome easily.

Regards,

Tom.

On 11/25/2023 at 3:01 PM, Hayzee said:

OK guys excuse me if I jinx it, but I have just been out in the car and the issue has not reoccurred over a couple of stops and starts. 🤞

So....after a few weekend trips to shops and lunch date ....the dreaded 'Geolocation pop up' has disappeared....i think🫣....Now to be followed by the second dreaded 'Profile Sync" pop up. requiring password imput etc 🤬

I seem to spend more time prodding the car screen than sending texts on my phone...what a system !!

That Profile sync message is a true PITA as it appears at any time and when you cancel it , just returns a few minutes later until you are able to go through the login process. I have no idea why this happens so erratically but I assume it's down to the Lexus servers again?

Had the geolocation issue on Friday and "lost" one journey but it appears to have corrected itself. Previously had a password request and eventually was forced to change my password to omit capitals as only lower case was available!

5 hours ago, RTD said:

Good morning.

My 2023 UX250h F-sport Design has been doing the same thing since last week, and the notification recurs each time the car is restarted.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I've asked the dealer and Lexus, but no response so far.

It's another unwelcome and irritating multimedia issue, that Lexus don't seem to be able to overcome easily.

Regards,

Tom.

Hopefully it has disappeared for you now like it seems to have done for others?

If it is now the profile sync message, entering your password again should sort that?

For those with the profile sync issues have you linked your account via the key rather than with your email profile (phone).
I was told at my dealer that a lot of people are having to keep logging in because the profile hasn’t been linked to the key. 

30 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

For those with the profile sync issues have you linked your account via the key rather than with your email profile (phone).
I was told at my dealer that a lot of people are having to keep logging in because the profile hasn’t been linked to the key. 

Can it be linked to both phone and key?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links