Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300h infotainment tech

Faranak

How you managed with non-touch and mouse-operated central display? I love the ES but the only thing prevents me to go and buy it is poor infotainment tech of Kexus.

I had the 2021 version with the big screen without touchscreen and I tried improving it by adding an Android box with wireless Android Auto or apple CarPlay and I was able to install anything from Google Play Store, like Netflix, YouTube, Games, Facebook, Instagram... I can say that watching a movie on Netflix felt like being in a cinema due to the sound, but most of the movies didn't play on the whole screen... Any apps available on the store were available... Which sounds great, but because of not having touchscreen capability it was infuriating using the touchpad because is not precise and the games didn't work at all and felt like a very bad experience... I tried adding a Bluetooth keyboard, a PS5 controller and still didn't work properly... so I ended up selling the device and only used the screen when I was reversing, or to switch off the AC from the menu because there's no physical button in the car (I have some friends which don't like AC), or during winter to use the wiper defrost, sometimes my other half to change radio stations... Other than that I kept the map showing on the full screen and avoided using it, most of the controls have buttons somewhere...

Personally I didn't like the infotainment system from Lexus because it felt outdated. I had previously the IS300h from 2014 and almost everything was exactly the same, even the quality of the reversing camera hasn't changed...

But once you have the car you start forgetting about these things and really like the way it drives, its reliability, best MPG in its class, comfortable, quiet... Then you find out that it can be easily stolen, its value drops and in the worst case it does get stolen... so instead of thinking about the infotainment system you end up stressing about the car's value or how to keep it safe... maybe I went too far, but it's the sad reality.

Screenshot_2024-01-19-09-10-39-45_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-19-09-10-27-18_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-19-09-10-11-58_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-19-09-09-59-62_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links