Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 250 Oil Change Query

Hi Folks, I would appreciate any advice on the feasibility of an oil change on a GS 250 WITHOUT raising it on jacks/ramps etc. 

Is it possible to get to the drain plug and the oil filter etc?

Thanks as always. 

Not possible. 

You can use vaccum pump to suck the oil out of dipstick tube, but both drain plug and oil filter are at the bottom of the engine. At very least you would need to jack the car and get under it and it would suck as well, because oil filter is usually hard to remove. Also I would not recommend pumping method, because engine is designed in such way that all the crap accumulates on the bottom of the pan (saying GS250 I assume you have 4GR-FSE), so by sucking the oil out you would leave all the crap in the engine.

On Lexus in general (except of maybe LF-A) the oil change is done from under the car.

Thanks very much Linas. I had forgotten about that method. It’s a shame because I really don’t like using jacks and stands. Even ramps I find fairly unpleasant and my drive is all gravel so it all points to being a PITA. 

I have to do this with my 5 series and I hate it. It’s probably going to mean services at a garage or at least oil changes. Either that or I’ll replace my BMW with an RX so I can service it myself. 

I'm with Linas,  in that I'm not a fan of pumping it out.  Besides, it's just as important to change the filter.

I just take my own oil and filter to my local garage who do the change for about £50.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links