Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am Looking to buy a older Lexus any recommendations

23 hours ago, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Hi Kalpesh - I have a lovely Canterbury Blue GS450H SEL in for repair at present this is the the model with the excellent Radar Cruise & sunroof fitted, it has @90,000m on the clock which is very low with the cream leather interior which is in good condition. The owner wishes to sell it after repair (As soon as the AA give their go ahead!) I last repaired it in August of 2022 at that time the owner only selected a 6 month graded repair - that was 19 months ago!! not bad aye?

Early diagnostics reveal at least 2 cell modules are down but the full extent of what is needed will not be known until I have taken the hybrid battery pack out of the car and carried out full discharge testing of each of the 40 modules over time, I can see that the tpms sensors need doing & there is a scuff/scratch on the N/S/R I would estimate @£100 to repair. I think (dont quote me) that the owner is asking in the low £4Ks for it, I think it would be a good buy for someone. If  you or anyone else are interested feel free to message me & I will give you his phone number.

So what would be normal price for this repair? Assuming 2 modules are bad + the labour to get Battery out and checked?

Hi Linas. That very much depends on the length of the guarantee the customer requires as I have the ability to repair the pack to different minimum capacities. The customer chooses the guarantee length they require & I let them know the cost, this varies from customer to customer & is also obviously dependant on the capacities of the remaining modules.

Richard

1 hour ago, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Hi Linas. That very much depends on the length of the guarantee the customer requires as I have the ability to repair the pack to different minimum capacities. The customer chooses the guarantee length they require & I let them know the cost, this varies from customer to customer & is also obviously dependant on the capacities of the remaining modules.

I assume there is still fixed cost for work of fixing it? Then the warranty is on top? What are the options? 6 -months, 12 - months etc.

Ok for a 6 months or 5,000 miles guarantee (whichever comes first) on a GS450h the cost is £650 - within this cost I give up to 4 replacement modules FOC. if more modules are needed I charge £35 each for them, the guarantee is limited to only those modules that I replace.

For 1 year or 10,000miles guarantee (whichever comes first) with the same vehicle the cost is £745 - within this cost I give up to 4 replacement modules FOC. if more modules are needed I charge £35 each for them, the guarantee covers all the cell modules. Hope this helps.

I would put a link in for my website but I was taught to be cautious & do not want to fall foul of the forum rules.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 10:51 AM, hybridbatterysolutions said:

Hi Kalpesh - I have a lovely Canterbury Blue GS450H SEL in for repair at present this is the the model with the excellent Radar Cruise & sunroof fitted, it has @90,000m on the clock which is very low with the cream leather interior which is in good condition. The owner wishes to sell it after repair (As soon as the AA give their go ahead!) I last repaired it in August of 2022 at that time the owner only selected a 6 month graded repair - that was 19 months ago!! not bad aye?

Early diagnostics reveal at least 2 cell modules are down but the full extent of what is needed will not be known until I have taken the hybrid battery pack out of the car and carried out full discharge testing of each of the 40 modules over time, I can see that the tpms sensors need doing & there is a scuff/scratch on the N/S/R I would estimate @£100 to repair. I think (dont quote me) that the owner is asking in the low £4Ks for it, I think it would be a good buy for someone. If  you or anyone else are interested feel free to message me & I will give you his phone number.

Best Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your post.  Personally I'd probably snap his hand off assuming the car looked and drove ok, particularly given your recommendation.  As much as I prefer the luxury of its size, its going to be too big for the boss.  She has already hinted she felt the IS 250 was too big so not going to push my luck.

Thank you for posting, I really do appreciate all the help you have given.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank you all for your help, advice and tips.

I bought a IS 250 last saturday. So far so good and the Boss is happy. 🙂

Thank You All.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links