Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet another Insurance oddity

Got a reminder from compare the market today and thought I would check the situation.  Result: Insurance estimate down by £60 from last month's quote.  I updated the NCB to 5 yrs instead of 4 yrs and the benefit was a reduction of 3.6% for the extra year. That is not a lot - three point six!

At least it is going in the right direction but still trying to get the ISF out of SORN after the winter for about £500. Currently stands at £600 for min cover fully comp. Then add the road tax £735🙄.

The other option is to leave it off road and go to Sitges for a week's holiday instead and just use the 200t ( which is finally growing on me ).

• 3 weeks later...

Try searching for insurance in incognito mode, don't login to your accounts either.

Not saying it'll massively cut premiums mind you, but insurers/comparison sites play the same game as ticket sellers, airlines and hotels. If they know you're looking, up it goes...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMcSame said:

Try searching for insurance in incognito mode, don't login to your accounts either.

Not saying it'll massively cut premiums mind you, but insurers/comparison sites play the same game as ticket sellers, airlines and hotels. If they know you're looking, up it goes...

Thanks. I will give it a try.🙂

On 4/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, TheMcSame said:

Indeed it does, if you keep running same quote over and over again, you will find that price sometimes jumps by £100 out of the blue.

• Confused 1

On 3/17/2024 at 9:51 AM, GMB said:

just use the 200t ( which is finally growing on me ).

Tell us more, please?

1 hour ago, MartinH said:

Tell us more, please?

OK more detail. The 200t reminds me of a car I once loved - a beautiful Audi 200Turbo -(XBA 666X was the number and was a bit of a devil). It has more performance than the Audi, RWD vs FWD,  similar turbo lag, a bit less character i.e. more reliable and generally better behaviour.  Main difference is that the Audi was more violent - spin the front wheels at 70mph on a wet motorway in kickdown to 2nd gear!  28mpg from the lexus and 14mpg from the Audi.

The 200t is quirky, strange auto gearbox behaviour - never a dull moment, fast once it gets going past 40/50 mph. Basically a car which can surprise you with its qualities and its weird driving antics. Quiet, comfortable, no heavy batteries to spoil the excellent roadholding.

I know most people don't like them but maybe that's another reason that I like it, a bit like an ugly child?

Bottom line - the more I drive it - the more I like it and find it never fails to entertain.  I test drove a 300h first and much preferred the 200t's eagerness and character  ( 8 speed auto vs CVmushbox ) despite its quirkiness.

It gives the impression that it was designed by a bunch of old hooligans rather than a japanese robot.

Below is the 200t's Dad.   I think I actually prefer the look of the Audi🙃

1981 Audi 200 5T Turbo | Spottedlaurel | Flickr

2016 Lexus IS 200t Quick Spin - Autoblog

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links