Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do we have to have the App?

We have had many issues with the software and now the App + requiring Profile log ins that dont work, no matter what Password we use

Is there an option to remove this stupid app all together and have the car without this log in nonsense? Its doing our heads in

14 hours ago, BigbigT said:

We have had many issues with the software and now the App + requiring Profile log ins that dont work, no matter what Password we use

Is there an option to remove this stupid app all together and have the car without this log in nonsense? Its doing our heads in

Yes you can remove it but you lose the benefit of having it.  You can see the fuel and you can set the air conditioning to warm up or cool down the interior.  It will warn you of its location including if it gets stolen.   Mine even sent a message to say one of the rear windows wasn’t closed when the wife was shopping and when she went to look she realised she must have caught the switch when leaving the car.  It was open a tiny bit and it warned us. Having said all that, mine was a pain at first and never connected properly despite me trying all sorts of things off this forum but I went to the dealer and they got one of their techy geeks (not a mechanic, an IT sort) to connect it and it’s been perfect since.  I can 100% assure you, if it isn’t working it is because it isn’t connected properly.   

13 hours ago, Don C said:

Yes you can remove it but you lose the benefit of having it.  You can see the fuel and you can set the air conditioning to warm up or cool down the interior.  It will warn you of its location including if it gets stolen.   Mine even sent a message to say one of the rear windows wasn’t closed when the wife was shopping and when she went to look she realised she must have caught the switch when leaving the car.  It was open a tiny bit and it warned us. Having said all that, mine was a pain at first and never connected properly despite me trying all sorts of things off this forum but I went to the dealer and they got one of their techy geeks (not a mechanic, an IT sort) to connect it and it’s been perfect since.  I can 100% assure you, if it isn’t working it is because it isn’t connected properly.   

Thanks. Ive got the car booked in on Tuesday next to get this issue, hopefully, resolved.

13 hours ago, Don C said:

With any of this stuff it should be easier than an easier thing to use !

I should never need to take it to Lexus to a ( Techy Geek) to sort.

I was in my Son’s Tesla this week and it sorted itself (plain & simple) unless you need to charge it at some other charger than a Tesla one. ( he needed to change it’s charging rate) 

Wake up Lexus we were (my Son & I ) were in BudaPest at the weekend but he could talk to the car at anytime to the car parked in the UK.

Scary I know (for as Old Git’s) but such is life nowadays. 

2 hours ago, VFR said:

With any of this stuff it should be easier than an easier thing to use !

I should never need to take it to Lexus to a ( Techy Geek) to sort.

I was in my Son’s Tesla this week and it sorted itself (plain & simple) unless you need to charge it at some other charger than a Tesla one. ( he needed to change it’s charging rate) 

Wake up Lexus we were (my Son & I ) were in BudaPest at the weekend but he could talk to the car at anytime to the car parked in the UK.

Scary I know (for as Old Git’s) but such is life nowadays. 

I’m old and got no patience for tech, I see it as a necessary thing but I’d rather have a Lexus with a clockwork engine than a Tesla with decent tech.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Don C said:

I’m old and got no patience for tech, I see it as a necessary thing but I’d rather have a Lexus with a clockwork engine than a Tesla with decent tech.   

Same here as that is why I have a Lexus.

• Like 2

I left for a healthy walk and a less healthy coffee at the Garden Centre. It's England so of course I grabbed my Brolly from the car and set off. Whilst just about to pay for my coffee order, my phone pinged to tell me that my car was unlocked! What use is that? I couldn't lock it remotely nor could I dash back the mile and a half home to lock it!

Ignorance can be bliss but knowledge can be very frustrating.

We have it sorted. When the update arrived it came to the App first and required a new log in but my wife put in a new password without a Capital letter (Apparently required) This upset the car and it didnt recognise any password, the old one and the new one. By changing the password again in the App, to change it to include a Capital letter, it solved the problem when logging in the car. Phew!!
Thankyou to Aaron at 'Lexus Leeds' for helping us. NOTE. Updates/logins require a good Mobile signal to connect to the cars' own Sim Card. We dont have a great one at our house.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links