Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My radio/CD unit is cycling through radio, CD, phone and external media constantly. If I hold the power off, it makes no difference. Any idea what the cause is?

It sounds like a selector button is stuck , like when a keyboard key or command key is constantly pressed.  While the car is switched off - Maybe try giving all the relevant buttons a good workout i.e. press firmly, press press many times to see if it releases?

Just a thought, may help?🤔

I'll certainly try this, however the radio is always on. It suddenly went crazy after starting up today. I've tried switching off and restarting but no change to the fault 

Oh well - worth a try before it gets expensive. If it was me I would try disconnecting all the cables to it which would fully power down the radio, but it sounds ominously like an internal issue.  Sorry.

When I worked at a large broadcasting company we had a usual last resort fix before it got too complicated and expensive. It was called the "engineers walk".  We took the offending unit out for a walk and put it down and picked it up firmly a few times, in other words gave it a bit of a beating. Then plugged it back in. Amazingly it sometimes worked, but usually only for a limited time before it finally died.🤓.

PS switch cleaner can work wonders too.  Just one example off google below-

Product Image

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links