Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Tail Light Popped Out / Not sitting correctly

Whilst this relates to my CT, I think all modern Lexus models use the same (slightly differently shaped / styled) approach with the same layout of brackets...screws...clips - so hopefully posting this here is okay. Some of you folks might have experience from other models with fitting lights that could help here? 

I got the car back, new rear bumper and new light. They claim it's a genuine part. Sure enough, has the same markings as the other side in terms of the company who Lexus has make the lights.. However, the light seems either like it's stretched out.. or poorly aligned. 

I showed the workshop guy who handed the car back this as I spotted it immediately. I didn't kick off because I said I might be able to reposition / fix it myself (e.g. a clip not being popped in or screws tightened with it sitting at a bad angle). 

I tried this last night and found that everything is sitting fine, and nothing I do can make the edge of the light sit in how the other side does. I even removed and refit the other side, to see if it was easy enough to do (or if I'd put it back incorrectly as well meaning it was a skill / fit issue). Nope, went back in fine and perfectly aligned. 

There is a bracket below the tail light between the bumper and it. Mine looks to have part of it broken off - either from the old light during the accident where it got hit and it hasn't been replaced. Or someone at the workshop has broken it off fitting this one and used too much force (potentially also bending the light). 

1. Is there any more I can try to get it to sit right? 

2. Is that bottom bracket potentially responsible for this not sitting at the right angle? 

3. If I replace the bottom bracket, will it fit better? 

4. Is the light just defective / damaged with a stretch? 

I want to exhaust all options of fixing it myself before going back down to the repair centre. 

IMG_3626.thumb.jpeg.a97bf70eed0c94f450b341921341ed29.jpegIMG_3625.thumb.jpeg.831136271810c97dc071dd40b3c9f500.jpegIMG_3624.thumb.jpeg.aa5a31d6a0e7e220b9f6aa58c672fbd2.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 13.22.01.png

Solved: for anyone in the future doing this, there is a white little clip. It looks massively bent - but that’s how it looks on both sides.  In this case, that clip wasn’t sitting the right way around. Causing its slant to push out slightly too much.  

Check this if you ever have the same issue.

I presume other models use this same way of holding in the tail lights. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links