Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had My Wheel Alignment Done Today

johnboy

i have a cunning plan..........i will remove the bumper.

will let you try your theorys out on the drift car..........(thats not the white one)

i think my overlap with domestic geometry theory and drift has a major flaw! and that is the variables, domestic geometry is constant and reliable drift is not, it all seems to work well on paper but those in the know feel not!.. since i have never done drifting i must assume my theory is not valide, to the extent i feel i will remove all the set-up i suggested from my site, i dont want to be responsable for people wasting money on theory.. maybe those who do drift can use the sites explanation of the angles and develope those facts, and they are facts into a drift set-up?. But! one element of my theory for drift has evolved into fact... As you know all the primary angles can be set to taste, secondary effects on steering like rack ratio needs to be manufactured, on paper in my veiw one major benifit is the TOOT " toe out on turns" this angle is pre-set and seemingly not subject to adjustment...? "Oh but it is". i posted a methode to SPI in the USA in relation to toot and a methode for acceleration via the castor angle, and after some maths they said the effect is valide.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, excellent, well as we have discussed before, and i see on other sites, in your discussions, steering/chassi set up is really an individuals personal choice.

what works well for one driver and his abilitys doesnt really work for another

plus different cars, act differently to different set ups.......

its all like the welded diff/non-welded diff/1.5 or 2 way set up arguments.....each person likes different things, ............All seat of the pants really

cool, excellent, well as we have discussed before, and i see on other sites, in your discussions, steering/chassi set up is really an individuals personal choice.

what works well for one driver and his abilitys doesnt really work for another

plus different cars, act differently to different set ups.......

its all like the welded diff/non-welded diff/1.5 or 2 way set up arguments.....each person likes different things, ............All seat of the pants really

Reads spot on in my view. geometry is actual not "final" this is where i was wrong.

Drift evolves from driver feed back but i assumed that the physics would cover all!

I wonder this. "IF" i posted a perfect set-up? would it be cut down purely because some would not want the settings to be displayd? any gain could be seen as an advantage and geometry as we all know is one of the hardest areas to apply...

Well whatever i can accelerate "toot" and that is proven, if any one wants the method then let me know? and like the rest of my site it is free!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links