Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Offside Tyre Wear

As some of you may recall, back in November / December time last year some one kindly smashed into the offside of my car.

At the time, Westover Body Care, Lexus Poole's authorised dealer repaired the car, replacing the whole suspension assembly and steering rack.

I had my new 18" Toora 5 Platinums put on (Khumo Tyres) and a four wheel alignment done by Lexus.

The car was MOT last weekend and passed, but the MOT centre pointed out the abnormal wear on the inside off the offside front tyre.

The inside couple of inches have warn down to just over the legal limit, where as the rest of the tyre has stacks of grip left.

I contacted Lexus and their reaction was that it's quite a common problem on the IS200 and he's seen it happen to tyres in less than 2500 miles.

They're being quite stubbern over this as the wheels aren't Lexus OEMs, yet your still able to buy an IS200 with 18's on???

The bodyshop have been very understanding and reasonable about this so far and said they will contact the mechanic who did the work on Wednesday, and have said they will try and offer a free 4 wheel alignment to check.

They tell me they have records of the laser alignment and the car passed fine.

Can anyone offer advice on this as there's no way I'm replacing my 18" tyre every few months!!

Cheers

Adam

Can any one offer any advice on this

Can you display the last geometry print out here?

I don't have it but I'm going to try and get the bodyshop to fax it to me.

I've noticed other people have done the same, and from what I've read your 'the man in the know'.

Thanks

Can you display the last geometry print out here?

I don't have it but I'm going to try and get the bodyshop to fax it to me.

I've noticed other people have done the same, and from what I've read your 'the man in the know'.

Thanks

I try to help!.... thing is with your case, most bodyshops use an outside company for the geometry, and most times the shop will not understand the geometry report, i do understand it :D

I called the bodyshop today who did the repairs.

The guy I spoke to said they have the report from Lexus but he needs to check with his manager wether or not he can fax them to me, as they made the payment to Lexus for the work..

Correct me if I'm wrong.....Its my car !!

Its as if they're trying to hide something !

I'm gonna keep nagging !

Thanks for your patients.

I called the bodyshop today who did the repairs.

The guy I spoke to said they have the report from Lexus but he needs to check with his manager wether or not he can fax them to me, as they made the payment to Lexus for the work..

Correct me if I'm wrong.....Its my car !!

Its as if they're trying to hide something !

I'm gonna keep nagging  !

Thanks for your patients.

its up to them to "prove" the job was complete, once the repair was done the result is for your approval, the geometry print is by rights your property!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links