Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty Problems.

Bought an IS 200 sport with a non manufacturers warranty from a company called Carcraft. It's administered by NAC which they own. 2.5years still to run. Seems solid but has a max of 750 per claim, total can't exceed cars value. So better than nothing even if I am confident in the Lexus. Nice thing to have if I ever decide to sell.

Carcraft were the original car owners - they sold it to a private buyer who bought the warranty (think 600 quid) He sold it to a private buyer who transferred the warranty to his name and who later sold the car to me.

The W was sold as transferable to the original owner and the only clause in the documentation is that the W becomes void if sold to a dealer. So there is nothing to indicate anywhere that the warranty is not transferable.

Now when I came to transfer it I was told by the Senior claims officer at NAC that it is not transferable. 1. he said I bought it from a dealer - later he agreed I didn't. 2. then he said it wasn't transferrable - told him that had been done once 3. he now said it can only be done once because there is only one transfer form in the booklet. There are also only two claims forms in the booklet but bet you can make more than two claims.

Any way - get the point - I am dealing with a bunch of cowboys here so I will go shopping to the small claims court.

Before I do - some questions.

1. Any idea where I can find out what a 2.5 yr warranty would cost me as I need to slap in a figure of what I would be claiming?

2. Anyone else come across these cowboys?

3. Any other advice?

thanks

I think you could top up the warranty officially with Lexus, it will be pretty expensive but unfortunately I don't have the figures.

Be warned though, that they would do a check of the car before they sell you the warranty and anything already faulty would not be covered unless replaced, or at least that is what I was told by the dealer 4 weeks ago.....

I think you could top up the warranty officially with Lexus, it will be pretty expensive but unfortunately I don't have the figures.

Be warned though, that they would do a check of the car before they sell you the warranty and anything already faulty would not be covered unless replaced, or at least that is what I was told by the dealer 4 weeks ago.....

Speak to your local Trading Standards department. Carcraft are scumbags. Carcraft in Newport used to be Carcraft @ Empress, which used to be Empress, also renowned scumbags.

Check out the following BBC Radio 4 link:-

Complaints made against the biggest car supermarket in the UK

Thanks, I might go that route - not too worried about the car being checked with Lexus as it came with FLSH. hte last one being in FEB.

I just don't want these guys to get away with it.

Speak to your local Trading Standards department. Carcraft are scumbags. Carcraft in Newport used to be Carcraft @ Empress, which used to be Empress, also renowned scumbags.

Check out the following BBC Radio 4 link:-

Complaints made against the biggest car supermarket in the UK

Thanks eXOBeX, - great information. Family are emploted by solicitors so have no worry that the small claims court will sort it out. in time. Prefer that route as it will / might make them pay. Not really worried about the warranty just don't like this sort of practice going on - bit old fashioned I'm afraid.

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links