Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Blueflame Fitted To Is200

star a

fitted a blueflame exhaust today, pretty pleased with it, took an hour to remove the old and fit the new 1 :tomato:

ramps, large spanner (unknown size, i used adjustable, but looked about 21mm)14mm socket and 14mm spanner and device to help remove exhaust from rubber hangars (i used long nose pliers) & helper to remove exhaust. B) B)

undid sensor, using adjustable spanner, was v tight, did not need to remove wire from sensor as the was enough play on wire to allow the wire to wind up whilst the sensore was unscrewed (be gentle with the sensor though, as they are fragile, dont knock it) :nuke:

removed middle box to cat bolts (these were very rusty but after the inital 'break' they undid quite easily, removed the whole exhaust in on piece (with my bro' helping). poked jaw of pliers into end of middle box rubber hangars to help rubber over lip, dropped cat end of exhaust down to floor.

the back box rubbers were pushed off by hand after pushing and holding the exhaust toward the front of the car (again with help, one pushing, one on rubbers).

cleaned up the flange on the cat, and checked the gasket was ok to re-use (buy a new lexus item if in doubt before replacement commences). :driving:

17mm socket & 17mm spanner, assembly paste, lexus cat to middle box gasket and helper needed to fit new exhaust B) B)

fitted middle box first by hooking over exhaust rubbers, let the cat end drop and applied assembly paste to both sides of the gasket, and both faces of the flanges, bolted up using 17mm supplied bolts (the cat end of the new middle box has a protruding section of pipe past the flange face, about 5mm, which locates inside the end of the cat). :huh:

refitted sensor into pre-installed location in new middle section pipe, this has a copper washer, again, get a replacement from lexus if you don't want to risk re-using the existing one. gently 'wind up' the sensor wire to allow the sensor to be screwed back in without the wire being twisted. (no thread sealing compound was used) :blink:

back box fitted by hooking over rubbers (very easy), dropping flange down to apply assembly paste (the back box and middle box flanges are a perfect fit, i.e. they are identical flanges, the joining faces are smooth, i would have liked a gasket here, but could not get one, paste was used and seems fine). apply paste, and fit sections together without to much delay as the paste will begin to harden if left too long. tighten bolts equally to allow both flanges to sit correctly (there are oval holes in both flanges, so you need to make sure the flanges are in line with each other before fully tightening, i applied thread locking compound to all four 17mm bolts before tightening, although the steel bolts will probably rust themselves secure without the thread locking stuff..... :winky:

thats it, start the car, and be prepared to be disappointed as it does not sound a lot different to stock, check for leaks, get off the ramps and drive it..but once you drive it, then you will definately notice the difference, don't be alarmed if you see smoke coming out of the exhaust when you come to a stop, it's just 'cos it's new, it'll soon burn off, it stopped smoking after about 20mins, and seemed to get louder as it got warmer. :unsure:

first impressions, it is fairly loud from inside the car upto 3000rpm, very bassy, but not a raspy tone, more of a pure bass tone, i could even feel the noise with my foot on the clutch rest. although after 3000rpm, you can't really hear it as the engine becomes louder, and the boomyness drastically disappears ..drivng at about 60 in 6th though may be a problem for some people as it can get quite intrusive, even when gently accelerating, i'll probably end up saving fuel with this though as i keep changing up as soon as it gets just past 3000 just to hear the exhaust. at 80mph in 6th , i couldn't really hear it as wind/road noise was louder. re-the 8bhp increase in power, i can't tell if it's quicker. :question:

heads turn when you are approaching too, so it is probably fairly loud from outside, although nowhere near the level of modded saxo/nova/106 levels. :huh:

is it worth £230, yes i think so, but keep hold of your old exhaust just in case you grow tired of the noise below 3000rpm, as someone on the forum has discovered ('silent' i think) :crybaby:

i would have loved to have posted pics, but the other day, one of my kids is a budding scientist, and decided to see what would happen if he pulled the zoom lens off my digicam, needless to say it now says 'zoom error' and will not take pics.... :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links