Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Suspension Problems

BPSail

Hi,

I recently purchased a lovely 1991 Aristo twin turbo, great car but when I went over bumpy roads I realised something was wrong with the front shocks. Basically, she handles like a pig, riding like she was constantly on the front stops with no shock absorbers at all. I then noticed that the front clearance of the car to the ground was lower than my neighbours 'Zed', I mean real low. Having now done some homework I understand that the Aristo's have adaptive suspension so I wonder if anyone can assist:

Are there any common problems that anyone is aware of?

Is it possible that the suspension has been adjusted down in the past and how can this be rectified?

Does anyone know where the suspension sensors are fitted or the pump / regulator valves located?

As a worse case senaro, can I put standard shocks all round?

Lots of questions I know, and I am very new to this game (always had Supras), but as a piece of engineering and sheer joy to drive she is hard to fault so worth the trouble (and cost) of getting sorted!

Any help / pointers greatly appreciated

Brendan

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Standard shocks should fit ok,ive only owned my car for 6 months so im also still learning.If you look through the garage section on this site there should be other Aristos on there so you can compare the front ride height.

On another car i used to own with the electronic dampers there was a warning light that lit up if there was a fault with it.

I know that when you turn the sports/power button on which adjusts the gear shift points the suspension also stiffens up slightly.

If your looking at changing the suspension id go for coilovers.

Paul might be along soon he should be able to answer more of your questions.

Cheers chips.

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

Standard shocks should fit ok,ive only owned my car for 6 months so im also still learning.If you look through the garage section on this site there should be other Aristos on there so you can compare the front ride height.

On another car i used to own with the electronic dampers there was a warning light that lit up if there was a fault with it.

I know that when you turn the sports/power button on which adjusts the gear shift points the suspension also stiffens up slightly.

If your looking at changing the suspension id go for coilovers.

Paul might be along soon he should be able to answer more of your questions.

Cheers chips.

Thanks chips for the pointers! I have no warning lights and putting her into sport mode appears to make no difference. By the way, nice looking car.

Not heard of a promlem with them before but have just changed my suspension for coilovers so have a full set for sale .  All in full working order. only changed so I could lower it.

Hi

Could I ask where you got your coilovers and how much I would be looking at to get a similar set. Also, reference your suspension that you have removed, should I find mine is indeed faulty and decide to replaced with standard items how much would you want for yours (I notice eBay has a set advertised now for £50 + £15 carriage)?

Regards

Not heard of a promlem with them before but have just changed my suspension for coilovers so have a full set for sale .  All in full working order. only changed so I could lower it.

Hi

Could I ask where you got your coilovers and how much I would be looking at to get a similar set. Also, reference your suspension that you have removed, should I find mine is indeed faulty and decide to replaced with standard items how much would you want for yours (I notice eBay has a set advertised now for £50 + £15 carriage)?

Regards

Hi heres Teins uk website,all the info is on there and contact details.If your looking at buying new coilovers.

http://www.tein.co.uk/

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links