Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jumping Cd Player

:zee: hi i have come acrros a problem that when my 6 cd multiplayer is cold it skips like mad even on new original cds but when the car has been runnig for 20 mins it seems to be ok does anyone else have this problem and whats the solution its a 1998 gs 300 se

p.s tryed lens cleaner to no avail.

Hello,

most simple reason could be condensation of air moisture within the player, particularly if the car is not garaged through the night. After a few minute run, the car warms up and the moisture dries off from the lens. If this is your case, I guess there's not much you can do about it, apart from waiting before using the cdp...

thanks man i think it maybe true that condensation is causing it to jump but theres

another weird thing that happens when i take a left hand turn the cd skips but when i take right turn its ok drives me mad took it to lexus and they said cd player is knackerd and wanted 290 quid for a new one dont know what to do?. :zee: .

now, that's really strange. Sure enough the moisture can't cause that, too.

Could it be the player is a little bit loose and it swings slightly when turning, putting the lens off focus, but I'm really guessing, there.

And 290 is an awful bunch of money. With that sum I believe you can buy at least two non-lexus cdps, and given the size of the dashboard, finding a place to place one should not be that hard for a professional.

£290 although expensive is quite cheap for Lexus. I would have thought it would be at least £500.

Possibly the laser signal has reduced a bit over time or the lens is dirty (lens cleaners don't always work that well). You could try and get it repaired, may be possible to up the gain slightly on the laser and clean the lens properly.

Otherwise try some scrapyards. Should be able to get a unit cheaper than at Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links