Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Weird Question...

Lex-aholic

You know when you're sat on the toilet and get one those weird thoughts ?

Well.......If Acupuncture is where you stick needles in someone to make them better, and Voodoo is where you stick needles in a replica of someone to make them ill....what happens to the other if one twin has Acupuncture ?!? :blink:

Answers on a postcard.........

Unfortunately, the public’s perception of voodoo rites and rituals seems often to point only to the evil or malicious side of things. There are healing spells, nature spells, love spells, purification spells, joyous celebration spells. Spirits may be invoked to bring harmony and peace, birth and rebirth, increased abundance of luck, material happiness, renewed health.The fact is, for those who believe it, voodoo is powerful. It is also empowering to the person who practices it.

I believe that most practitioners of voodoo also subscribe to a karma-type law, much in the same way that witches (Wicca) do, which essentially dictates that anything you do will be returned back to you threefold. Most religions have a similar principle -- do unto others ...

L.

Unfortunately, the public’s perception of voodoo rites and rituals seems often to point only to the evil or malicious side of things. There are healing spells, nature spells, love spells, purification spells, joyous celebration spells. Spirits may be invoked to bring harmony and peace, birth and rebirth, increased abundance of luck, material happiness, renewed health.The fact is, for those who believe it, voodoo is powerful. It is also empowering to the person who practices it.

Are you into Voodoo then Mr Morse ? I've seen it on loads of documentaries where they use it mainly for healing purposes. (and I've seen on these documentaries the potions in bottles you can buy as well. Some are VERY interesting :winky: Increased sexual performance comes to mind !)

Are you into Voodoo then Mr Morse ? I've seen it on loads of documentaries where they use it mainly for healing purposes. (and I've seen on these documentaries the potions in bottles you can buy as well. Some are VERY interesting :winky: Increased sexual performance comes to mind !)

Put it this way.....I've lived in West Africa (where Voodoo originated) for over 10 years. The main use of JuJu (as it is correctly known) is for spiritual healing although I am familiar with it's use for "darker" purposes :blink:

Put it this way.....I've lived in West Africa (where Voodoo originated) for over 10 years. The main use of JuJu (as it is correctly known) is for spiritual healing although I am familiar with it's use for "darker" purposes :blink:

Cool. Are you how would you say it....qualified ? :blink:

Just out of interest then. Note to all : does anybody else out there practice "alternative medicines" ?

There's a program on telly at the moment about alternative medicines - really interesting if you're into that sort out thing. I think it's either on a Tuesday or a Wednesday night, about 8pm.

Voodoo is a religion, no?

In a very loose sense of the word, yes.

Voodoo is animistic, where ancestors, objects and natural phenomena are believed to possess holy significance, or to possess a soul. The word Voodoo has been translated as "the snake under whose auspices gather all who share the faith" and the priest or priestess are vehicles for the expression of the serpent's power.

Voodoo is a religion, no?

In a very loose sense of the word, yes.

Voodoo is animistic, where ancestors, objects and natural phenomena are believed to possess holy significance, or to possess a soul. The word Voodoo has been translated as "the snake under whose auspices gather all who share the faith" and the priest or priestess are vehicles for the expression of the serpent's power.

I will probably see you on Thursday Mike so i tell you whatever your links to or the person you know who is a practioner you can send some 'good aura' my way for the coming months.

If it works i will tell everyone :winky:

If not nothing lost.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links