Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Arm

hits

Just had my IS200 repaired (scrap to doors and bumbers) and as the MOT was due, asked the dealership to do this also.

As expected, I received a call from the garage, telling me there were a few things that I needed to sort out ... fortunately the MOT failing items were resolved for about £60 but they also made mention of the fact that I need a new suspension arm at a cost of £282 (fitted). The bushes have cracked and deteriorsting.

Firstly, the car has done 30,000 miles (reg 2001) and I do not drive it hard.

Secondly, why is it that only one side needs repair? Surely the wear would be relatively even?

Thirdly, is the price reasonable? If I don't get it sorted, what kind of damage am I looking at and how long can I leave before I HAVE to get it done?

Thanks in advance

Hits.

PS. Also need a new engine cover on the drivers side at a cost of £70 and two new tyres (quoted £145 each).

front or rear

top or bottom

i may have a spare one

Its definitely the front passenger side, but not sure if top or bottom. :unsure:

They did say that the bushes were beginning to crack.

At £280 odd I would think they were wanting to replace the whole part.

Oh and the engine cover is drivers side but not sure which one of these is broken (apparently there are four in total).

Will get some more info and post details.

Hits.

• 4 weeks later...

If it’s the Control Arm (one branch of the lower “A-arm” or sometimes called the “compression arm/strut) , its part no. 4866053010 (left or right, I don’t know ) and 4867053010 (left or right, I don’t know ) from Toyota.

It won't be the upper A-arm.

See photo of arm (hey, how do I post a photo of this arm? I can’t find the upload page. Anyway I have a nice photo of the arm here, if I could only post it.)

€132 each dealer/garage price (ex VAT). £88

€158 each for private person/customer. £105

That’s £105 end user price excluding VAT each. There is one on each side of the car a left hand and a right hand version.

Took me about 15 minutes to install each one. They are VERY easy to change.

The bush only is not available. It’s bonded into the arm.

The passenger side goes first because this is where all the bumps are as you drive around the cities, potholes are usually near the pavement.

But the bush should not go after only 30,000 miles.

But this bush takes most of the pounding so I guess it could be bad.

peter

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links