Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

25bhp Resistor Mod On E-bay

Lord Ripper

Afternoon all. I saw this on e-bay and as I have virtually no in-depth knowledge of engine modifications, I would like to know if anyone has tried these and if they are wort getting. - Any damge caused ? - If u remove the thing after trying it will it leave your engine management out of whack ? Can someone tell me how it actually works ? Thanks a lot :)

At best, it works as a fuel cut defender......which won't help any unless you are boosted

At worst, it's a 5p resistor and totally useless :blink:

I kinda thought it was rubbish, but so many people have left positive feedback about it working, I thought it was worth asking you guys, - I far more trust your advice than his hehe :lol:

Searching Google for "bhp mod" resistor value found what it is, anyway. The resistor value is...

At 14 volts, the most that resistor could put through is 2.9mA which works out at 40mW.

Therefore the M4K7 from Maplins (9p - Maplins are turning into robbing sods, they used to be 3p each!) will do the job nicely. No need for a hefty 10 watt job like some are selling on eBay!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links