Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm Problem.

I know I've read a thread about people not sure how many times you have to click the remote to activate the deadlocking and set the alarm. Well I've just tried out the system by pushing once and twice to activate the alarm. The alarm worked fine after setting with remote and then opened the door with key, off it goes :D

The second time I set the alarm with the window open and when the alarm was set, I wiggled my arm around inside the car to test alarm, but nothing happened :sad:

Contacted Lexus Reading and they said you should only have to push once on remote to activate door and internal radar system (which I did). They are now going to order a new sensor (8th Jan) and let me know when its in.

Makes you wonder if the alarm was checked as part of the Pre Delivery Inspection, or has it failed in the 7 weeks that I've had the car <_<

Anyone one else had the same problem :question:

I'll let you know how I get on when the problem has been sorted.

Hmmm.... the confusion over the number of presses comes from the two types of alarm fitted.

The earlier IS series cars used a (far more sensible) approach, where 1 press = alarm and deadlock (1 flash), and 2 presses = alarm without radar and deadlock (5 flashes)

The newer series cars use a far more faffy technique - 1 press = alarm & lock (1 flash), 2 presses = deadlock (no flash). You have to mess about with the drivers door lock button to disable the interior radar.

I would imagine, however, that the intrusion sensors will take several seconds to arm (many systems take from 30 seconds to 2 minutes before they work). How long did you wait after arming before trying the secret "arm waving" technique?

Alistair

You are absolutely right mate - mine has the older alarm, so 1 press = alarm and deadlock (1 flash), and 2 presses = alarm without radar and deadlock (5 flashes) is spot on.

I tried the secret arm wavey thingy, and it certainly didn't work at first. After about 30 seconds the alarm went off, but the second time it took nearly to minutes. So not sure what that's all about.... :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links