Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scuff Plate On My Se-l Doesn't Light Up, Am I Going Mad!

Buzzz

Picked the car up yesterday, and am still trying to work my way through War and Peace, also known as the manuals!! Anyway, those front scuff plates look good illuminated in blue, except the drivers side does not illuminate, now is there some weard setting somewhere or do I have a faulty one?

I do hope someone can help as it would save me 4 hours trawling through the books!!

Thanks in advance.

I do hope someone can help as it would save me 4 hours trawling through the books!!

Thanks in advance.

Try pressing the Door button in the roof to make sure. When off the footwell lights still come on but the main light doesn't and the scuff plates dont light...I had the same problem :blush:

Thanks in advance.

Try pressing the Door button in the roof to make sure. When off the footwell lights still come on but the main light doesn't and the scuff plates dont light...I had the same problem :blush:

But the passengers scuff plate light comes on either with or without the button being pressed, I think it's a fault, but I could be wrong???

[to make sure. When off the footwell lights still come on but the main light doesn't and the scuff plates dont light...I had the same problem :blush:

But the passengers scuff plate light comes on either with or without the button being pressed, I think it's a fault, but I could be wrong???

Well the passenger side scuff plate should switch off along with the main light when the button is in the 'off' position for door opening. If it comes on regardless then you may indeed have a fault. I'd go out and try it on mine but we're separated by several thousand miles at the mo...

For those of you who are interested, I took the car in today and they had forgotton to connect it!!

:huh: But they were factory fit!! Lexus quality is more than a little suspect if it missed being discovered at the factory, again at the port of entry check, and also at the stealership. :duh: Not good at all...What did the dealer say?

For those of you who are interested, I took the car in today and they had forgotton to connect it!!

:huh: But they were factory fit!! Lexus quality is more than a little suspect if it missed being discovered at the factory, again at the port of entry check, and also at the stealership. :duh: Not good at all...What did the dealer say?

I must admit the dealership did not have too much to say although I did make the exact same point to them. The car also had damaged b-pillar trims and both of these have had to be replaced plus a scuff in the leather.

All in all I was a little dissapointed that all of this had been missed, I only noticed it all when I cleaned the car at the weekend, after all the excitment of collecting a new car you start to see what you have really bought, if you know what I mean.......

Anyway, dealership has replaced one of the b-pillar trims, awaiting the second and the graze in the leather is also going to be fixed at the same time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links