Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trying To Find An L Shaped Phono Lead..

After finally fitting my Ipod in the car i've got a minor problem with the install and need some help. At the moment it's connected via a tape in the tape deck, the sound's not great so i want to connect it to a red/white aux in instead. Trouble is the tape connector has an L shaped jack and i'm having murder trying to get an L shaped stereo cable (that goes from the in to the Ipod, then splits into two phono jacks) i can only find a standard straight one. If i can find an L shaped one it'll fit spot on as it is, BUT if i can't get hold of one then i'll have to drill into the compartment in a really awkward spot in order for the standard straight plug to fit. :duh:

Can anyone please please please point me in the direction of an L shaped plug stereo cable????

Thanks so much if you can....

Stu.

Can only find right angled adapters, not the cables. Does anyone know if there's a loss in sound quality going through an adapter?

Stu.

Slight overkill, why not use one of these?

8955447.jpg

Available in 1m, 2m, 3m, 5m or 10m lengths.

Just tape up whichever plug is unused (my bet's on the yellow one) so it doesn't cause any mischief. Alternatively, if you short the pin and sleeve of the unused plug together, it'll increase the chance of the ground connection finding a good spot on the 3.5mm plug (you'll short the sleeve and the last ring together so the plug "appears" more like a stereo jack).

Can only find right angled adapters, not the cables. Does anyone know if there's a loss in sound quality going through an adapter?

Stu.

i use a dock connector that goes to the the tape connector

sound is a hell of alot better than through the earphone jack

somehing like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPod-Firewire-sync-c...VQQcmdZViewItem

Stu.

somehing like this

This would be a better one, as it's USB instead of Firewire, an easier cable to power in an in-car scenario (USB power is 5 volts, Firewire power is 30 volts).

I don't think i'd need either the firewire or usb in the car tho would i?

Stu.

Stu.

somehing like this

I don't really like the wire sticking out of the tape deck, it looks untidy and is a bugger to hide! Oh and i wouldn't be able to get power to it from the lighter either if that is plugged in!! Thanks tho!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links