Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Have A Celsior ? Where To Buy ?

eastwoom

Hi all,

My brother-in-law in Japan drives a 1992 Toyota Celsior which appears to be the Japanese market equivalent of the UK LS400. My question is does anyone on this forum have a Japanese import Celsior or know how it compares to the UK LS400 ? I have been in my brother-in-laws car and it is the best car I have ever been in. Given the low price of used cars in Japan and popularity of importing to the the UK I am seriously considering bringing one over to the UK. Has anyone got any pointers, tips or knowledge of the Japanese market Celsior ? Has anyone got details of a good reliable supplier of the Celsior in Japan ? How long will a Celsior last without problems and what sort of mileage can these cars do without mechanical problems. After reading this forum it seems these cars will keep going for 20 years or more if looked after properly. I currently drive a Toyota Estima Emina (Previa) which I personally imported from Japan and so far I have had absolutely no problems with it so I am now a big fan of Toyota.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

North-West UK.

The Toyota Celsior is much better in every way than the UK spec model (Lexus LS400). My 1999 model is loaded with many more features than the UK spec. model.

My advise is if your thinking about buying any type of Lexus model buy it from Japan as you'll save thousands ! ! !

Lexus dealers in the UK have much more experience in dealing with the Japanese models, and the same parts that are used in Japan fit straight into a Celsior.

The CELSIOR certainly beats any other car I've driven before, BMW / JAG / MERC are nothing.

• 1 year later...
Hi all,

My brother-in-law in Japan drives a 1992 Toyota Celsior which appears to be the Japanese market equivalent of the UK LS400. My question is does anyone on this forum have a Japanese import Celsior or know how it compares to the UK LS400 ? I have been in my brother-in-laws car and it is the best car I have ever been in. Given the low price of used cars in Japan and popularity of importing to the the UK I am seriously considering bringing one over to the UK. Has anyone got any pointers, tips or knowledge of the Japanese market Celsior ? Has anyone got details of a good reliable supplier of the Celsior in Japan ? How long will a Celsior last without problems and what sort of mileage can these cars do without mechanical problems. After reading this forum it seems these cars will keep going for 20 years or more if looked after properly. I currently drive a Toyota Estima Emina (Previa) which I personally imported from Japan and so far I have had absolutely no problems with it so I am now a big fan of Toyota.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

North-West UK.

:D I got Celsior to I bought 2 days ago 1995 with 91.000km.

Great car = Lexus ls 400 only I don't have leather.

This car is great and name makes them cheaper than Lexus ls 400.

You drive same car with another sticker.

Cheers

Miki

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Miki,

I work for a vehicle safety research firm in the United States, and we are currently studying VSC on Toyota and Lexus vehicles.  I have it on good authority that the 1995 Toyota Celsior which you bought in September, comes with a vehicle skid control system - some people call it vehicle stability control.  Can you confirm this?  Would you be willing to copy some pages from your owner's manual and send them to us showing the VSC system?  We would pay you for your time and any charges you incur.  Please let me know.  I can be reached at 508-252-2333 or lauri@safetyresearch.net.

Thanks so much, Lauri

AKA Franklin127

North-West UK.

Cheers

Miki

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Miki,

I work for a vehicle safety research firm in the United States, and we are currently studying VSC on Toyota and Lexus vehicles.  I have it on good authority that the 1995 Toyota Celsior which you bought in September, comes with a vehicle skid control system - some people call it vehicle stability control.  Can you confirm this?  Would you be willing to copy some pages from your owner's manual and send them to us showing the VSC system?  We would pay you for your time and any charges you incur.  Please let me know.  I can be reached at 508-252-2333 or lauri@safetyresearch.net.

Thanks so much, Lauri

AKA Franklin127

North-West UK.

Cheers

Miki

:zee:

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Miki,

Thanks so much, Lauri

AKA Franklin127

North-West UK.

Cheers

Miki

I try to reach you on e mail with scaned page but mail is invalid can you resend mail

Thanks

Miki

HELLO

That is only what I can think off ,that can be

if you need I can send you pictures inside the car I now this light on trc sign is going off when I start car and is slippery...

Regards

Miki

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Miki,

Thanks so much, Lauri

AKA Franklin127

North-West UK.

Cheers

Miki

I try to reach you on e mail with scaned page but mail is invalid can you resend mail

Thanks

Miki

HELLO

That is only what I can think off ,that can be

if you need I can send you pictures inside the car I now this light trc sign is going off when I start car and is slippery showing light on dash board... TRC is option? what I got in car

Regards

Miki

I am in New Zealand

• 2 months later...

someone please tell me the level of spec between the uk ls400 and the celsior, i have been thinking of importing one oe a toyota crown 2.5tt (?sprinter) (royal and they go on and on and look fantastic)

The rear lights look like blackpool at night !!!

many thanks will

BUMP

• 3 weeks later...

I've just bought a '92 Celcior, & it is the absolute dogs! I can't compare it too an LS 400, because i've never been in one. But i have been in a friends GS 300, & it is alot better. Having said that i do have the usual problems? :- everythings in japanise, & k/ph! I don't know what it would cost too convert it to UK spec, but i suspect it would be brewsters! :zee:

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links