Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Performing Interior Blowers

OK, I have a 91 celsior.

While I know the AC needs regassing, it does appear to dry the front screen on the screen demist setting.

But on the non AC setting, low appears to do nothing, medium to output little air and whistles a little, and high ups the fan speed and noise, but does very little to improve the blower output.

I know later models have a filter under the glove box, but there doesn't appear to be the flap/hatch in the box to access one.

Do the early models have a filter that can obstruct airflow to the blowers, even in UK's tepid weather, the well sealed nature of the LS/Celsior means things get warm and sticky quickly.

Job two, get the aircon inspected, pressure tested and and see if an R49, RS24, Or R314a can be used as a drop in substitute locally, rather than go for the full R134a conversion, but I'll get that done over the winter when they want the work and don't think they can sweat tax you in the summer.

its your pollon fliter the mk3's are behind the glove like you said but i do not know where the mk2's are someone wont be long to tell you but if its got air con its got a pollon fliter and i had the same problem changed fliter and it had never worked so well

Hi,

I have a 94 celsior, which had the same problem, the pollen filters there are two are reached by unclipping the pasenger side lower trim panel (under the glove box by your feet) and you will see a white plastic thing with two wing nuts, undo the nuts and pull the plastic lid off, and then you can get access to the filters, pull the firsy one out, the second is located behind the first one. Sound messy only takes about 10 mins, my filters totally clogged up, not replaced them yet air con bolows a gale! oh and i used used a tin of the Halfords air con top up to give a bit of a boost its now bloody cold!!

attachment.php.jpg

I thought the UCF11 was the MK1? Cool, I'll have a look this weekend then.

I don't want to blast it full of the Halfords recharge kit incase there is any R12 and mineral oil in the system still. And it looks like there are two low pressure points to the side of the transmission dipstick. I know it has it's a seperate fill the the rear aircon system.

Hi fellow celsior owner !!

thats another one to the clan,mines a 91 and have to agree,change the filters-just remove them 1st to see if there's an improvement,their cheap on e-bay,dont know what the stealers price will be though.

Hi Ian, as yours a 91, how do you get to the filter?

I pulled the very bottom panel on the passenger side down. Couldn't see any plastic butterfly/wingnuts.

There is a small square white capsule with one bolt at the bottom. Looks like a cd case size but about twice as thick.

Is that the one I need to remove?

Would love to get a bit of circulation going but don't want to break anything.

Definatly don't see anything like that plate with the two wing nuts, and I keep seeing posts about pre-93 cars not having filters. Was that just the US/Europe spec cars. Did the JDM models have filters from the start.

I'll have another look tomorrow when I get home from work, now I have a better idea of what I'm looking at.

BTW, how do you remove the lower panel totally.

I see the single clip/screw at the back, but even with that out, the panel won't come off and there is nothing at all like the plate and wingnuts.

I need to get this sorted. I'm sick of sweating like a pig on a warm day. There isn't even enough breeze to reach my face. It only blows about 2" out on the highest setting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links