Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Think this has been discussed lately but can't find where.

On the SE-L there are only two sensors on the front bumper, one at each corner. Do these warn you of obstructions infront of the car.

If you buy a model without this facility and want them fitted you get four at the front and four at the back.

Clarification please.

On the SE-L there are only two sensors on the front bumper, one at each corner. Do these warn you of obstructions infront of the car.

If you buy a model without this facility and want them fitted you get four at the front and four at the back.

Clarification please.

Yes - they do tell you, and show you a picture of the how close the obstruction is too in the MPG readout window - for both SEL and Sport

Yes you can - but you'll only get the bleeping variety!! No visual, unless you go for one of the snazzy aftermarket ones with a readout module you stick on the dash or rear parcel shelf!!

I've see one those bleeping ones that comes as a band that they fit to the back of the bumper - so no holes. They work quite well (the earlier ones were naff).

Clarification please.

Yes - they do tell you, and show you a picture of the how close the obstruction is too in the MPG readout window - for both SEL and Sport

Yes you can - but you'll only get the bleeping variety!! No visual, unless you go for one of the snazzy aftermarket ones with a readout module you stick on the dash or rear parcel shelf!!

I've see one those bleeping ones that comes as a band that they fit to the back of the bumper - so no holes. They work quite well (the earlier ones were naff).

So Jamboo, even though the sensors are at each front corner they would warn you of an obstruction, for example, if you were wanting to park up close to a wall infront of the car, do they also bleep?

This readout you are on about in the mpg window, is this on an SEL without MM.

Thanks.

Have the sensors fitted to the rear from lexus from new 06 220d SE, was told the fronts would be major pain to fit and very very expensive so didn't bother as they wouldn't even give me a price. Jamboo is correct that you can only fit the beeping variety aftermarket from lexus and there is no visual aid whatsoever on any model is, due to wiring etc. also i think the fronts may have trouble up close in the number plate area due to the spread of the sensor zones that's why the rear has 4. the fronts just prevent the corners of the bumper scuffing the car in front. hope it helps and even the rears work very well you will not be disappointed. also i think they were about £450-£500 fitted (that's prestige for you). :driving: picture below to give you an idea.

post-18853-1187727171.jpg

Have the sensors fitted to the rear from lexus from new 06 220d SE, was told the fronts would be major pain to fit and very very expensive so didn't bother as they wouldn't even give me a price. Jamboo is correct that you can only fit the beeping variety aftermarket from lexus and there is no visual aid whatsoever on any model is, due to wiring etc. also i think the fronts may have trouble up close in the number plate area due to the spread of the sensor zones that's why the rear has 4. the fronts just prevent the corners of the bumper scuffing the car in front. hope it helps and even the rears work very well you will not be disappointed. also i think they were about £450-£500 fitted (that's prestige for you). :driving: picture below to give you an idea.

post-18853-1187727171.jpg

Thanks Neo,

It's that number plate area I was wondering about, can anyone else answer question.

Am really in bad books here, ran into a wall in wife's car at .0005 mph need to have smart repair, £250. It's the main topic of conversation with everyone we meet, surprised Associated Press haven't got onto it, never live it down. Been told must have parking sensors on new car or she will walk infront with a red flag.

Oh dear!

I'm sure they are intended for "corner grazing" only...hence they're on the edges, but I do recall driving up close (parking dead square) to a fence at the Open Road last year and it bleeped....

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that the systems with only two corner sensors are ment for protecting the corners of the car while parking. However if you are parking straight on to a wall etc they will also work as the wall will be within the sensing area. I wouldn't trust them to work if you were pulling up to a bollard which was nearer the middle of the bumper though as this could be missed by them.

Oh dear!

I'm sure they are intended for "corner grazing" only...hence they're on the edges, but I do recall driving up close (parking dead square) to a fence at the Open Road last year and it bleeped....

I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that the systems with only two corner sensors are ment for protecting the corners of the car while parking. However if you are parking straight on to a wall etc they will also work as the wall will be within the sensing area. I wouldn't trust them to work if you were pulling up to a bollard which was nearer the middle of the bumper though as this could be missed by them.

Thanks very much, that makes perfect sense. Another topic put to bed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links