Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Broken Is200 Cd Player > Usb Player Project

like most ppl here my old is200 cd player died a error 3 death so i removed it and went down the after market route (if im gonna have to spend £200/£300 it may as well play mp3 n do loads of cool things lol)

but im bored and want the the nice standard (actually fits in n flows with the car) cd player back

BUT

i want it to be usb pen driven, ie plays music stored on a USB pen

so im thinking (using my old cd player luckily i kept) converting it to USB by buyin a little USB mp3 player that runs off USB pens (placing this in the old tape player slot (were u would add / remove ur usb pens) and hard wire the volume and play and stop and next and prev buttons to the old headunit display and hack into the old amp for music output

my dad is a eletronic engineering and he showed me a few places u can prob tap into the cd player use the onboard amp so will give it a go hehe

maybe remove the old LCD display and add another wired from the mp3 player to show track number and current folder or somin lol

i reken could be quite cool if it works

just to check

none of the io ports on the back of the cd player are aux in or cd changer in or somin like that are they lol ??

well its changed from usb stick to SD card as NO one n i mean NO one seams to make plug in usb stick mp3 players the type u plug an usb stick into the usb player not the combined type (millions of them)

are quite a few sd mp3 players tho hehe

finished product will just look like normal is200 cd player with sd card slot within the tape player slot hehe

altho knowing the pinouts on the back of the player would be very helpfull so i dont have to test this thing in my car all the time hehe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links