Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Klunk !

IrishGS300

Only recently started to happen on my MkII GS300. When applying the foot brake with more than gentle pressure (say moderate and upwards) I sometimes hear this single "klunk" from what I imagine to be the nearside rear wheel. Definately brake related as it doesn't happen any other time. No such klunk is heard when applying the park brake.

I imagine it to be a sticking caliper or something, that breaks free with the application of more than gentle pressure. Anyone ever experience such a thing and what was the outcome/solution ?

Thanks.

Only recently started to happen on my MkII GS300. When applying the foot brake with more than gentle pressure (say moderate and upwards) I sometimes hear this single "klunk" from what I imagine to be the nearside rear wheel. Definately brake related as it doesn't happen any other time. No such klunk is heard when applying the park brake.

I imagine it to be a sticking caliper or something, that breaks free with the application of more than gentle pressure. Anyone ever experience such a thing and what was the outcome/solution ?

Thanks.

It could be loose brake pads or maybe your rotos need resurfacing/cutting

Thanks.

If the calipers are the same as the Mk 1 then it could be the caliper sliding pins that wear and allow movement between the caliper and support plate which then clunks on and off the pedal and sometimes around corners. I think the brake pad shims have also been implicated before on the forums. This is assuming there is no pad/disc or suspension issues as mentioned before.

You can check the pins by taking the wheel off and trying to wobble them - make sure the car is well supported. If there is wear you will feel it, I can on mine. They are a low cost item complete with bushes from Lexus and are worth a check before getting involved in more expensive items!

HTH,

Dave.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links