Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Praise For The Dr

edeath

Went to see the Dr Yesterday to get the WIM settings on the front wheels. Also my car was sqeuaking slightly and hadnt worked out whether it was suspension, brakes, bearings etc........

Tony had the car up in no time and diagnosed that my back wheels were heavily outside their set perameters and (while Tony explained this much more technically) they were 1.5 degrees when they should have been 0.55. He suggested that it would have been due to heavy load in the boot from the previous owner. He kept asking me if i had stuff in the boot as he couldnt belive the reading. This could well have explained why my car was scraping over speedbumps when loaded as the inward lean of the wheels had lowered the back of the car. Tony of course fixed this quick as you like and the difference was actually visible.

He then set the front wheels to his settings and i was away. It all took just under an hour and im very pleased. The car handles much better now. Turns in much harder and sharper and the grip lasts longer and i can also feel the difference in braking. I'm going to have to be careful from now on however as it feels much more confident at speed and, even after Tony told me to take it easy on the way home due to the handling being very different, i got the back out quite heavily on a roundabout exit as i didnt normally exit roundabouts at that speed so am not normally on cam. I was almost offended, lol, when Tony said that it would have felt boatish before, but he was right its a lot more taught now.

All thats left to say is thank you Dr and to reccomend that anyone who hasnt got it done yet should really consider making the trip to WIM as for me at least it was well worth the £100.

Ed

edeath the rear cambers were a degree over budget so i have to look for reasons .... We have cars from all over the UK and Europe so sometimes the reason is all the luggage is in the boot.... :)

Your car was unusual in how low the rear camber was but adjusted beautifully and as you saw it leveled the body profile visibility.

edeath the rear cambers were a degree over budget so i have to look for reasons .... We have cars from all over the UK and Europe so sometimes the reason is all the luggage is in the boot.... :)

Your car was unusual in how low the rear camber was but adjusted beautifully and as you saw it leveled the body profile visibility.

lol wasn't a personal dig, was just to show how bad the car was in that you couldnt believe that there was no luggage in the boot!

lol wasn't a personal dig, was just to show how bad the car was in that you couldnt believe that there was no luggage in the boot!

I know it wasn't a dig :) and i would love to know why the cambers were so low at the rear?........ Anyway all better now.

By the way, i love the new addition to your cars profile under the avatar :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links