Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Can I Keep My Headlights Condensation Free Please

dibsLPG

Hi again, (Sorry if this is covered else where but I have tried everything to no avail) Headlights still get condensation in them especially now that winter is here :ohmy:

I have installed the Demon eyes and re-sealed the light units using clear silicone and ever since I have never had them completely dry.. . After a hand wash I get mist / condensation in them, and now with the heavy rain it does the same. It is ruining the effect of the demon CFF light rings with a condensation patch across them. :tsktsk:

I have silicone sealed the lights and put extra beading along the top and sides etc.. the only place that i can see moisture can get in is the hole left behind by the dim bulb-holders-. But i have the Demon eyes wiring coming out of that and it's taped it up using Duck-Tape has best has I can.. Still the moisture gets in. How can I silicone seal the Hole with out taking out the hole light unit again (very fiddly to get to with the gun)?

Any suggestions to make the Headlights water tight permanently?... (maybe put a plastic bag on them :hehe: )

any suggestions appriciated please before the water mess's the lights up totally. :crybaby:

Dibslpg

Hi again, (Sorry if this is covered else where but I have tried everything to no avail) Headlights still get condensation in them especially now that winter is here :ohmy:

I have installed the Demon eyes and re-sealed the light units using clear silicone and ever since I have never had them completely dry.. . After a hand wash I get mist / condensation in them, and now with the heavy rain it does the same. It is ruining the effect of the demon CFF light rings with a condensation patch across them. :tsktsk:

I have silicone sealed the lights and put extra beading along the top and sides etc.. the only place that i can see moisture can get in is the hole left behind by the dim bulb-holders-. But i have the Demon eyes wiring coming out of that and it's taped it up using Duck-Tape has best has I can.. Still the moisture gets in. How can I silicone seal the Hole with out taking out the hole light unit again (very fiddly to get to with the gun)?

Any suggestions to make the Headlights water tight permanently?... (maybe put a plastic bag on them :hehe: )

any suggestions appriciated please before the water mess's the lights up totally. :crybaby:

Dibslpg

Mate,

You will need to seal the bulb holders. i had the same issue, light was misting up bad, made it worse by placing a hair dryer too close to the bulb holder sockets. Found out after numerous attempts what the issue was. Seal the side light holder properly.

Cheers guys, i will give that a shoot in the next few days and report back.. :winky:

But i have created another problem whilst replacing the front fogger bulbs, I managed to break one in the holder :tsktsk: and now cannot figure out how to remove it without damaging the fog-light.. The driver side twisted out fine, but the other one just snapped when i turned it and left the rest in the holder with no means to hold and turn it..

Might take the wheel off and the inner arch cover to gain better access over the weekend.

One thing to note was that the both fogger units was covered with road crapp :shutit: and dirt etc... So was wondering if this was normal?

Dibslpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links