Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems Starting.

dazz32

Thought I'd put a quick note on to say that I've just had exactly the same issue with my IS300. On Wednesday and today tried to start the car to go home after work and it just wouldn't go first or second time. Then caught on the third go and was fine. I'll give Lexus a call in the morning and check on the ECU update situation - it was bought and serviced from my local garage so hopefully they'll know about. Cheers, Dave

durg u've got the same problem as me...let me know if u can get it to start second time round (ive never been able to...). This has happened again the other day, but i may have got lazy about following Robs advice about pressing and depressing acc pedal while engine lights are on. May have just missed when the lights came on. Will try for another month. But be nice to know theres IS a solution to this like an update of some kind, but for the is300 there is one, but not for is200, so be nice if you can find out the real reason why theres no update to the is200 and what can be done instead to prevent it. Also being colder doesn't increase the chance of it accuring.

Just had a chat with the local Lexus Dealer and they said there are/were no software updates for the ECU on a vehicle with the age of mine (2004 54-plate). There have been some but that was on a more recent model. I've still got cover so if it happens again I'll take it into the garage and get them to have a look at it and let you know what they say. Sorry not to be of more help. Laters. Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links