Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

I am a regular reader of LOC but have never had the need to post something until now. I have an IS250 SE just under a year old. After getting the car back from the recent first service the autolights function started playing up. It has been back to the dealership and they reset them but this has not resolved the issue. The auto function is very irregular, i.e. when driving into a parking garage when they always used to turn on they no longer do. Last night in the pitch dark they did not turn on. Does anyone know where the sensor is for the autolights? Any suggestions?

Thanks, MMSA

Does anyone know where the sensor is for the autolights?

It's on the dashboard, close to the windscreen on the right hand side of the car. It sounds like yours might be broken, or else there's are problem with the switch on your stalk.

It's on the dashboard, close to the windscreen on the right hand side of the car. It sounds like yours might be broken, or else there's are problem with the switch on your stalk.

I have wondered occasionally whether there is a menu setting to control the sensitivity of the sensor. Mine goes on and off quickly every time I drive under a nearby railway bridge and I am sure that drivers ahead of me think I am "flashing" at them. It would be good to be able to introduce a short time-delay before the sensor trips the on-and-off relay.

I have wondered occasionally whether there is a menu setting to control the sensitivity of the sensor.

Yes there is, but it's a dealer only setting.

Thanks Guys - looks like I'm on my way back to the dealer for the 3rd time in a month ... disappointing to say the least...

There is a sensitivity setting - but agian only can be set by the dealer. As far as I know there is no setting for delaying the time it takes for the relay to kick in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links