Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Two Months Of Ownership UX250H Sport Design

I previously owned a Lexus RX450h (fourth generation) which was an absolutely wonderful car in every respect. The car was very refined, very comfortable and easy to drive, and considering the size of the vehicle was quite economical. There are only two of us in the household and we are both in our late sixties, the main problem with the RX 450H was parking as it quite a large car. We both made a decision to downsize, so we visited the local dealership and went for a test drive in a UX250H sport Design. After the test test drive we were both impressed with the car and decided to purchase a new model that had been in the showroom. We were able to secure a very good discount on the vehicle as it was the older model, the new UX300H was just about to be launched. Having owned the vehicle for just over two months now I am really impressed with car, the vehicle is very manoeuvrable, and provides comfortable seating for the driver and passenger. My UX has Faux leather seats which I find to be quite acceptable, they seem to be harder wearing than leather and are very comfortable even on longer journeys. My only criticism with the vehicle is the road noise transmitted through the car via the run flat tyres, particularly  when travelling over rough road surfaces. The tyres I have on the vehicle are Bridgestone's (probably not the best for road noise).  We recently travelled to Devon in the car which was a round trip of 380 miles, throughout the trip the car performed flawlessly. We found that the boot size was adequate for two people,  we could comfortably fit a large suitcase and other baggage in the luggage compartment (we have the TWD version).  Whilst travelling on the motorway I could see that the vehicle was switching between ICE and Battery power even at speeds of 60MPH, to my surprise the at end of the journey the car had averaged 62MPG which is outstanding. The vehicle was showing 490miles since the last refuel, and the low fuel warning light was not even showing.

I have the Lexus Link App which gave me the following trip information since the car was refuelled :

Trip Distance - 476 miles

MPG - 62 MPG

EV - Distance Driven - 120 miles

I intend to keep this car for a long period of time, I  think that hybrid vehicles still have a long future.

• Like 7

Hi

Glad you like your UX. I'm still very happy with mine. The seats are very comfortable (I have an F-sport too) and are great on longer drives. 

Like you, I feel the tyres (Bridgestone) are a little noisy so when I need replacements, I'll go for normal tyres instead of run flats. I have a space saver spare wheel under the tray in the boot. 

• Like 1

Nice write up, agree with everything apart from the tyres, don't have a problem with the OE Dunlop SP Sports on our Design. As long as you do your homework and know what you're getting rather than buying one and then coming on here and moaning about the small boot and lack of rear legroom they're a lovely motor. Currently on holiday in Hampshire, self catering so took everything bar the kitchen sink with the seats down, no problem. 230 mile trip, showing 57mpg but we had a lot of traffic and a long stop/start A34 diversion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HPS13 said:

Hi

Glad you like your UX. I'm still very happy with mine. The seats are very comfortable (I have an F-sport too) and are great on longer drives. 

Like you, I feel the tyres (Bridgestone) are a little noisy so when I need replacements, I'll go for normal tyres instead of run flats. I have a space saver spare wheel under the tray in the boot. 

Mitchelin Primacy 2 Tyres Reduce Road noise considerably so i,ve Heard..Really Good tyres ..!!

• Like 1

Good write up, thank you.   I really like mine too although I’m interested in the 300h because it has the new Mk5 powertrain in it.  I’ll be having one of those on extended test soon.  I haven’t really got much to criticise mine for.  I agree the leather seats aren’t as durable as the nulux version and they aren’t as comfortable either.   I don’t understand why they insist on using over bolstered seats in the luxury versions when they can fit bolstered seats in the F Sport models.  I changed my tyres for all season and they’re a bit on the noisy side but although the Michelins are quiet, they’re a summer tyre which is no good where I live.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links