Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I moved to the Czech Republic from US, California and brought with me my Lexus GS300, 2006 model, made April 05. The car does not seem to have the rear Fog Red Light nor the orange indicator required in Europe. I understand that only one light is required here. I will appreciate any advice that would explain how to add the Red Fog light and its indicator easily. I do not want to make any mickimouse, rather a conversion to European style. Thanks :)

If it is the new GS, looking at photgraphs the rear lights look the same on the US model as on the European GS. In which case you will just need to find a way of wiring them up. You will probably need to put bulbs in the units (amber bulbs for the indicators) and make some changes to the existing wiring. It seems unlikely that Lexus would use a different wiring loom from the European cars. My Mk2 has fog lights in the trunk lid that are used as brake lights in the USA. The units are double filament bulbs even though only the higher power is used and there is wiring to power both.

Worst case is that you will need to run a live to a switch in the cab, back to the boot lid. Break into the cabling for the centre lights and have them powered by this feed.

As for the indicators, I'm not sure what colour the lens is? Are the US models separate flashers or use the break/rear lights?

• 2 weeks later...
If it is the new GS, looking at photgraphs the rear lights look the same on the US model as on the European GS. In which case you will just need to find a way of wiring them up. You will probably need to put bulbs in the units (amber bulbs for the indicators) and make some changes to the existing wiring. It seems unlikely that Lexus would use a different wiring loom from the European cars. My Mk2 has fog lights in the trunk lid that are used as brake lights in the USA. The units are double filament bulbs even though only the higher power is used and there is wiring to power both.

Thanks for your input. The lights on the trunk lid of my car are used as back lights. This means that my car has 2 back lights on each side. I checked a European model of the same car and find that the trunk lid lights have dual function. The fog light is integrated within the back light. I would like to check the wiring however could not figure out how to remove the back liner to access it. The interior light switch is also different on the European model. The only difference is that my car does not have the fog light position of the fog collar switch.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links