Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish !

I just thought I would say good bye to you all. I have not been active on the site for sometime, having sold my 220D some months ago. I could never get used to the gearing and in my opinion it spoilt a good car.

I enjoyed reading the various post and taking part from time to time. Watch out on eBay for a genuine Lexus boot liner.

Cheers and good luck

I just thought I would say good bye to you all. I have not been active on the site for sometime, having sold my 220D some months ago. I could never get used to the gearing and in my opinion it spoilt a good car.

I enjoyed reading the various post and taking part from time to time. Watch out on ebay for a genuine Lexus boot liner.

Cheers and good luck

I guess your test drive wasn't long enough then?

Am I the only one who has no problem with the gearing on these; I find it's comfortable and efficient to cruise with the car at around 2000rpm - if that means it's in a lower gear than my other cars then so what?

As a result I get good fuel ecomomy and it's quiet and comfortable.

I looked on this forum a lot before buying mine and it really makes me smile when people can afford to buy a new one of these and can't seem to afford to put more fuel in it. Funny how the Audi forums look the same too, and as for BMW, when I become a merchant banker who thinks it's cool to wear shades at night I may consider one. Is that me generalising? maybe but when I get to a stage where I can't afford to run a car that does 30 odd miles to the gallon I will get a Prius.

Then again I suppose all my previous cars were really sporty so this already feels like a prius to me.

Excuse the rant, but I had to vent from what I've read, nice to meet you all

Keith

I have not been active on the site for sometime, having sold my 220D some months ago. I could never get used to the gearing and in my opinion it spoilt a good car.

Cheers and good luck

I think this demonstrates the importance of extensive test driving (especially when spending £20K plus).

I too found the gearing a problem (amongst other things) and opted for the 250SE auto instead, which I love to bits.

Had I bought the 220d SE, I'd be slagging Lexus off by now. Instead, with a 250 I can't praise them enough.

It's a personal thing of course. Many people here love the 220d, and that's perfectly fine and understandable.

Horses for courses and all that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links