Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Imported ISF

Just wondering how many imported ISF's are here on the club

1 - What have you'll done to convert the Kmph to Mph

2 - What have you'll done to convert the text on the dash and head unit from Japanese to English

3 - Undersealing. Not keen on Lanoguard as it needs doing every other year or year depending on how harsh the environment has been. I'd like a more permanent solution.

4 - Radio frequency conversion, what did you'll do

Thanks for all ideas guys

On point 3 I have been looking at this. Multi year solutions naturally more expensive especially if you use others labour. Here is what I got from some people in that business at Buzzweld. I'll just copy and paste it.

"Ok so short of a restoration or a mini resto which would be drop tank and rear suspension) its going to need to be a compromise job.

Our clears wont give you that kind of longevity, so i am recommending the following.

1. remove the existing coating. steam clean, solvents, scrapers etc.
  2. paint strip disc the underside. these are poly wheels. you don't need to go back to bare metal but every surface must be dull / scuffed, and any issues removed. This process will also help remove any left over waxoil.
  3. RE stripe coat
  4. 2 coats of RE
  5. 2 coats of WAR 
  6. Chassis guard, or UP sacrificial."
    1. 42 minutes ago, jeffrosie6 said:

There must be at least 50 or so imported ISF's in the UK by now, that number will only go up.

So long as the Lanoguard does what it claims, it is so much easier to apply than anything else I have used and when you go back to do anything on the car, you don't get covered in tar. Personally those two points alone make it worth the yearly application. 

Someone on here put a UK dash into their car and it worked OK, displayed in english. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. My ISF is finally here. Can't wait to pick it up. 

Who do you'll insure with as most insurers don't cover the ISF 🙁

Surprisingly even AdrianFlux don't cover the ISF

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:11 AM, EP80 said:

There must be at least 50 or so imported ISF's in the UK by now, that number will only go up.

So long as the Lanoguard does what it claims, it is so much easier to apply than anything else I have used and when you go back to do anything on the car, you don't get covered in tar. Personally those two points alone make it worth the yearly application. 

Someone on here put a UK dash into their car and it worked OK, displayed in english. 

Will try the Lanoguard, although I'll need to do it every couple of years. 

4 hours ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Hi guys. My ISF is finally here. Can't wait to pick it up. 

Who do you'll insure with as most insurers don't cover the ISF 🙁

Surprisingly even AdrianFlux don't cover the ISF

They do, I'm with them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dman2004 said:

They do, I'm with them.

Thanks for letting me know. They said that non of their underwriters insure the ISF! Would you mind telling me who the underwriters are to your policy please. You can private message me if you don't want to make it public. 

compare the market  - got  a few quotes at between 600 and 700 pounds this year. It was £475 last year. 5 yrs no claims, £200 Vol excess. Low mileage use. Not imported. The price has not changed since November when the car was SORN ed. Back on the road 1st May.  How does that compare?    BTW some companies wanted stupid money £1500 plus, and my existing insurer Churchill refused to insure the car this year because "they said" their underwriters said NO to certain Lexus cars.

Hiya, I picked up my import today, used lockwood to covert the dashboard and have had it lanogaurd undersealed. I am with Admiral multicar its about £700 a year for me

13 hours ago, BenH22 said:

Hiya, I picked up my import today, used lockwood to covert the dashboard and have had it lanogaurd undersealed. I am with Admiral multicar its about £700 a year for me

DId Admiral insure it on the VIN number or did you wait until you had a plate? Thanks

Picked mine up today. Also with Admiral at just under £650 😀

Really happy with the way it drives. Only thing to sort out would be the headunit. 

As for watching speed, I'll be using a OBD2 HUD.

The V8 sounds awesome 💪 

17 hours ago, BenH22 said:

Ben, your USB looks the nuts with the red interior. 

Mines Pearl White with black leather interior. 

On 3/2/2024 at 1:45 PM, jeffrosie6 said:

Ben, your USB looks the nuts with the red interior. 

Mines Pearl White with black leather interior. 

Thanks! I am also very very happy with mine, not fussed about the head unit personally, going to get a Grom unit to use android auto/carplay on the OE screen.  Only bits I need to change are the cruise control limiter and the top speed limiter, going to get the RR racing tune to sort the latter.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:42 AM, EP80 said:

DId Admiral insure it on the VIN number or did you wait until you had a plate? Thanks

I waited till I had the plate for mine

50 minutes ago, BenH22 said:

Thanks! I am also very very happy with mine, not fussed about the head unit personally, going to get a Grom unit to use android auto/carplay on the OE screen.  Only bits I need to change are the cruise control limiter and the top speed limiter, going to get the RR racing tune to sort the latter.

Wonder if the RR Racing tune can change convert speedo to MPH

10 minutes ago, jeffrosie6 said:

Wonder if the RR Racing tune can change convert speedo to MPH

Yeah I have tried going through all the setting to change the units on the dash with no luck

So I can see all our Japanese speedos are in km only. 
I can share the cost for RR racing tune if that’s ok with you (one device to serve few same cars)? 

28 minutes ago, DamianLEX said:

So I can see all our Japanese speedos are in km only. 
I can share the cost for RR racing tune if that’s ok with you (one device to serve few same cars)? 

I don't mind, if the one you purchase works with the ISF too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links