Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After Market Parking Sensors

Looking on eBay there's a whole load of cheap parking sensor kits. They say they can colour match and even supply the hole cutter with the hit.

There's clip on your rear view mirror ones. Others that beep. Lots of choices.

I don't fancy being a guinea pig tho - not up for drilling holes in my bumpers and going through all that effort just to find that they're rubbish.

So, has anyone else here installed after market parking sensors on their IS?

I fitted an ordinary e-bay speedsafe kit (just a buzzer) I didnt want the cheap plastic box on my dash personally, used three sensors on the back only & it works great.

There's some good instructions on the site somewhere as well, try a google search - IS200 parking sensors or something.

I used a Speedsafe kit as well..

8 sensors for front and rear, and only cost about £24 inc delivery.. made in the UK as well..

John

I got aa 4 sensor kit from fleabay and it was ***** easy to fit. a tin of paint from Halfords and sprayed them up a treat.

I didn't go for any flashy 8 sensors ( I can see the front of my car didn't need beeps telling me as well) or any display ones as you should be looking at what your doing not at some screen.

the kit I got only beeps when your close so there is not multiple beep filling your car when doing a normal reverse. The hardest thing is making sure all holes are symetrical and in line. I taped 10ps to the bumper and stood back to make sure that it was good. then I scored round them and drilled.

don't go overtly fancy unless you spend a lot of time going backward. I personally think displays and stuff ruin the dash and make the car look tacky.

Thank you all for your responses. Sounds like I'll go for it.

I have my eye on eBay item 150213642975, but before I purchase it I'd like some advice on the install.

I'll be fitted 4 in the front bumer and 4 in the rear bumper. What's the best way to go about installing the wiring? Can anyone recommend a cabling run? I want to install this so its completely out of sight - cables and all. What's the best/secure way to attach this?

Also, can anyone recommend a good way to make sure you get all the sensoer fitted straight? Of course I'll measure things a bazillion times, but it would be good to hear some tips if anyone has any.

• 2 months later...
Thank you all for your responses. Sounds like I'll go for it.

I have my eye on ebay item 150213642975, but before I purchase it I'd like some advice on the install.

I'll be fitted 4 in the front bumer and 4 in the rear bumper. What's the best way to go about installing the wiring? Can anyone recommend a cabling run? I want to install this so its completely out of sight - cables and all. What's the best/secure way to attach this?

Also, can anyone recommend a good way to make sure you get all the sensoer fitted straight? Of course I'll measure things a bazillion times, but it would be good to hear some tips if anyone has any.

Just got the Wife to get out and tell me If I was going to Hit anything

Cost Nil Pounds He he

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links