Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

N95 Compatability With Rx400h

I am having trouble transferring my phonebook from my N95 to my 07 RX400H. It shows transferring on the screen but the phone disconnects its bluetooth connection.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution

Same problem with my N73 had to put numbers 1 at a time. Also had to reconnect each time. My wifes samsung phone book transfered all in one go.

Hope this helps.

I am having trouble transferring my phonebook from my N95 to my 07 RX400H. It shows transferring on the screen but the phone disconnects its bluetooth connection.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution

Same problem with my N73 had to put numbers 1 at a time. Also had to reconnect each time. My wifes samsung phone book transfered all in one go.

Hope this helps.

sorry, all N series nokia phones work perfect, especially the N95. only the telephone book transfer takes a bit long because the phone book entries will be converted to vCard format first before transferred.

what kind of connection procedure are you guys using?

i am using a N95 for about a year with my RX400h model 2006 and transferred my phone book many times. my N95 phone book (approx. 600 entries) gets automatically synced with the PC and then at least once a month transferred to the RX400h.

This spooks everyone, the phone and car have to "un-pair" or disconnect in order to transfer the phone book, all you need to do is wait, the book should start to transfer after the disconnection.

In my experience this is not 100% reliable, and it may take a couple of goes, but the disconnection is part of the process.

Cheers

Jon

This spooks everyone, the phone and car have to "un-pair" or disconnect in order to transfer the phone book, all you need to do is wait, the book should start to transfer after the disconnection.

In my experience this is not 100% reliable, and it may take a couple of goes, but the disconnection is part of the process.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks guys

Maybe I jumped a little too quickly, how long should it typically take? I have around 100 contacts

I have left the car sitting (running for 15 minutes) and the transferrring screen just stays on as if it is frozen...no activity.

As I said my phone disconnects once I initiate the transfer (which I believe is supposed to happen) but it never makes connection again unitl I cancel the transfer action.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong or what I can do?

I have left the car sitting (running for 15 minutes) and the transferrring screen just stays on as if it is frozen...no activity.

As I said my phone disconnects once I initiate the transfer (which I believe is supposed to happen) but it never makes connection again unitl I cancel the transfer action.

Give me one or two days and I will do the process step by step, write it down and do a detailed description.

Meanwhile you can check your telephone numbers and make sure that you have no blanks in there like +49 178 342 567. such numbers must be changed to +49178342567 or +49-178-342-567. the RX hands free system don’t like the blanks and fills up the rest of the tel. number from the first blank with “IIIIII”’s.

Names should not contain special characters like “umlaut” or accents.

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum, having just bought a RX400h. I have a question regarding downloading the phone book.

I have a Nokia 6300, which contects to the Bluetooth fine, but I have no idea how to download my phonebook, does anyone know how to do this?

when I go into the menu on the car, it just instructs me to download the phonebook - but the phone doesnt seem to have any options to transfer it across.

All pointers gratefully received. :)

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum, having just bought a RX400h. I have a question regarding downloading the phone book.

I have a Nokia 6300, which contects to the bluetooth fine, but I have no idea how to download my phonebook, does anyone know how to do this?

when I go into the menu on the car, it just instructs me to download the phonebook - but the phone doesnt seem to have any options to transfer it across.

seems that i got a new job here :winky:

it seems that your nokia 6300 is not supporting the download of the phone book. you will have to transfer it one by one.

Nokia 6310i

Pairing

• Select “Add Device” on Handsfree system

• From your phone, press MENU, select Bluetooth, press SELECT.

• Select SEARCH FOR AUDIO ACCESSORIES, press SELECT (searching).

• Select Handsfree System, press SELECT (connecting).

Sending contacts one-by-one to the Handsfree System.

• Select PHONE BOOK TRANSFER MODE on Handsfree system

• Select NAMES on Handset

• Select the contact you want to send over Bluetooth (SEARCH).

• Select DETAILS, select OPTIONS and SEND BUS. CARD (VIA BLUETOOTH).

• Select Handsfree System, press SELECT (waiting...).

• The contact is now added to the phone book.

Give me one or two days and I will do the process step by step, write it down and do a detailed description.

Meanwhile you can check your telephone numbers and make sure that you have no blanks in there like +49 178 342 567. such numbers must be changed to +49178342567 or +49-178-342-567. the RX hands free system don't like the blanks and fills up the rest of the tel. number from the first blank with "IIIIII"'s.

Names should not contain special characters like "umlaut" or accents.

Now we transfer the N95 contacts to the RX hands free system step by step:

N95: Go to contacts, select options; mark/unmark, mark all

Select options; send business card, via Bluetooth

Now wait until “Last Device used:” screen will come up, in my case with about 500 contacts this will take 90 seconds.

Meanwhile start car, press info button, select Telephone, Settings, Transfer Phone Data, stop here and wait until your N95 shows “Last Device used:”

When N95 shows “Last Device used:” press “Overwrite” on Hands free, now Bluetooth connection will be disconnected, now select on “Last Device used:” screen your Hands Free, N95 will connect to your Hands Free again and starts transferring/sending data.

After data transfer is finished it will take some time (my bee 30 seconds or so) until your Hands Free screen will go back to the Settings screen.

Now you should have added your contacts to the Hands Free phone book.

Your RX400h model 2007 should support 2 phone numbers per entry. This means if you have more than 2 numbers stores at a contact in your N95 only 2 will be added, the rest will be truncated.

Hope it works!!!

Meanwhile you can check your telephone numbers and make sure that you have no blanks in there like +49 178 342 567. such numbers must be changed to +49178342567 or +49-178-342-567. the RX hands free system don't like the blanks and fills up the rest of the tel. number from the first blank with "IIIIII"'s.

Now wait until “Last Device used:” screen will come up, in my case with about 500 contacts this will take 90 seconds.

Meanwhile start car, press info button, select Telephone, Settings, Transfer Phone Data, stop here and wait until your N95 shows “Last Device used:”

When N95 shows “Last Device used:” press “Overwrite” on Hands free, now Bluetooth connection will be disconnected, now select on “Last Device used:” screen your Hands Free, N95 will connect to your Hands Free again and starts transferring/sending data.

After data transfer is finished it will take some time (my bee 30 seconds or so) until your Hands Free screen will go back to the Settings screen.

Your RX400h model 2007 should support 2 phone numbers per entry. This means if you have more than 2 numbers stores at a contact in your N95 only 2 will be added, the rest will be truncated.

Hope it works!!!

Thanks a million, worked a treat. I just need to edit some of the entries as there are more than 2 numbers in some cases

Hi folks,

I have a Nokia 6300, which contects to the bluetooth fine, but I have no idea how to download my phonebook, does anyone know how to do this?

Williz - you are great! many thanks, will try this when I get home tonight.

Hope it works!!!

Thanks. I too will give that a try

Hi folks,

Williz, just to let you know, it worked. Thanks for your help :D

Hi folks,

Williz, just to let you know, it worked. Thanks for your help :D

super! thanks to let me know.

it is a shame that lexus europe has not kept there promise to come up with a web site for compatibility issues between handy and hands free system like the us lexus web site is offering

willi

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links