Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 40k Service

Hi everyone, my IS200 is going in for 40k service on Monday any idea of what I should be paying. I am using Milton Keynes dealers. Couple of other things, my car was registered in 2000 and I have done 45k miles, cambelt not changed yet. I am thinking of waiting until it gets to 60k, should do this over the next year, i suppose it will be 9 years before cambelt then done, anyone waited this long?

Anyone have a rattling gear stick mounting when in sixth gear, any suggestions on how to take it to bits + cure?

Also I have a fair bit of wind noise around 60mph, do you think rubber has gone on door seals, they look tip top and the car is in mint condition?

Otherwise car is really excellent, if a bit boring to drive.

Just a note to everyone, the handling of my is200 was dreadful on motorway over 70mph, felt really unstable at the rear and tyres starting to wear unevenly on all corners!!!!! Anyway had a proper 4 wheel, toe, camber, alignment check which cost 100 quid, but the difference is amazing. The handling is twice as good and the mpg a good 2 to 3 better. The car had only done 30k when i had it done and the wheel guy said he had never seen anything so bad, don't know what the original owner had done, but he was an old boy so not a racer. Maybe the car is prone to alignment problems. I can recommend the guy in Milton Keynes if anyone needs it done, takes about an hour.

Thanks

Hi everyone, my IS200 is going in for 40k service on Monday any idea of what I should be paying. I am using Milton Keynes dealers. Couple of other things, my car was registered in 2000 and I have done 45k miles, cambelt not changed yet. I am thinking of waiting until it gets to 60k, should do this over the next year, i suppose it will be 9 years before cambelt then done, anyone waited this long?

Anyone have a rattling gear stick mounting when in sixth gear, any suggestions on how to take it to bits + cure?

Also I have a fair bit of wind noise around 60mph, do you think rubber has gone on door seals, they look tip top and the car is in mint condition?

Otherwise car is really excellent, if a bit boring to drive.

Just a note to everyone, the handling of my is200 was dreadful on motorway over 70mph, felt really unstable at the rear and tyres starting to wear unevenly on all corners!!!!! Anyway had a proper 4 wheel, toe, camber, alignment check which cost 100 quid, but the difference is amazing. The handling is twice as good and the mpg a good 2 to 3 better. The car had only done 30k when i had it done and the wheel guy said he had never seen anything so bad, don't know what the original owner had done, but he was an old boy so not a racer. Maybe the car is prone to alignment problems. I can recommend the guy in Milton Keynes if anyone needs it done, takes about an hour.

Thanks

Different Lex dealers have different prices. Best bet is to tell them exactly what you need/want doing, and call around a few for comparisons. Cambelt is 6 years of 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Some earlier models were recommended to have it changed at 60k but then the 6 year/100k was introduced. Anyway 9 years means you should look at getting it done.

Wind noise to me isn't an issue (2001, 65k on clock) so not sure about that. Geometry on wheels is a well known issue - look round the forums - i'm taking mine to Wheels in Motion which many people have used on here - all rate them very highly by all accounts

Not sure about your gear knob - i have an auto :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links