Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gas Conversion

egolex

see this the thing some people it can damage your engine and some people it does not damage your engine i am really confused shall i get it done ver confused?????

i have now been running my LS400 93 on LPG for the last two and half years. during that time i have driven to south spain 4 times on holiday, from scotland, plus your normal everyday running. apart from some teething gas problems at first, which was quicklly sorted, the car has behaved perfectly and is still running like a dream. the car has now done 37thou since gas was installed. i was seriously considering upgrading to the LS430 but this car is running so well that i am swithering whether to change or not. i even put an extra gas tank, doughnut shape, where the spare wheel sits becuase of the distance covered by driving on holidays to spain. between the two tanks they hold approx 100ltrs of gas. i get approx 500 miles of motorway driving 85-90mph. so safe to say no problems with the LS400. would be interested to know of any diffuculties with the 430 conversion?

see this the thing some people it can damage your engine and some people it does not damage your engine i am really confused shall i get it done ver confused?????

i have now been running my LS400 93 on LPG for the last two and half years. during that time i have driven to south spain 4 times on holiday, from scotland, plus your normal everyday running. apart from some teething gas problems at first, which was quicklly sorted, the car has behaved perfectly and is still running like a dream. the car has now done 37thou since gas was installed. i was seriously considering upgrading to the LS430 but this car is running so well that i am swithering whether to change or not. i even put an extra gas tank, doughnut shape, where the spare wheel sits becuase of the distance covered by driving on holidays to spain. between the two tanks they hold approx 100ltrs of gas. i get approx 500 miles of motorway driving 85-90mph. so safe to say no problems with the LS400. would be interested to know of any diffuculties with the 430 conversion?

had my 2002 430 donelast year.done 37k no problems.i am a chauffeur all my customers say it is very smooth and ECONOMICAL.

• 3 weeks later...

HI GUYS SINCE LAST TIME I HAVE HAD MYLS400 CONVERTED TO LPG BUT NOT TOOIMPRESSED PAID £1800.00 FOR A SEQ SYSTEM WITH A 90 LITE TANK ACTUALLY HOLDS 68 LITRS OF GAS AND I STILL HAVE DECENT BOOT SPACE I SUPPOSE. BUT ON A FULL TANK ONLY GAVE ME 195 MILES TOWN DRIVING BEFORE IT COMP RAN OUT OF GAS I KNOW UR SUPPOSE TO RUN IT FOR 1000 MILES BEFORE GOING BACK FOR A CHECK I HAVE ONLE COVERED 300 ODD MILES ALSO HAD FLASH LUBE KIT FITTED. THE ONLY THING I NOTICED IS IN THE MORNING ON START UP IT GIVES A DECENT AMOUNT OF BLUE SMOKE GOES AWAY AFTER 1 MIN OR SO, THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE THE LPG CONVERSION. I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE GUY WHO FITTED IT WHO WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE HAD A FEW CARS DONE IN SOME SRTETCH LIMOSANY IDEAS? SHOULD I BE WORRIED

HI GUYS SINCE LAST TIME I HAVE HAD MYLS400 CONVERTED TO LPG BUT NOT TOOIMPRESSED PAID £1800.00 FOR A SEQ SYSTEM WITH A 90 LITE TANK ACTUALLY HOLDS 68 LITRS OF GAS AND I STILL HAVE DECENT BOOT SPACE I SUPPOSE. BUT ON A FULL TANK ONLY GAVE ME 195 MILES TOWN DRIVING BEFORE IT COMP RAN OUT OF GAS I KNOW UR SUPPOSE TO RUN IT FOR 1000 MILES BEFORE GOING BACK FOR A CHECK I HAVE ONLE COVERED 300 ODD MILES ALSO HAD FLASH LUBE KIT FITTED. THE ONLY THING I NOTICED IS IN THE MORNING ON START UP IT GIVES A DECENT AMOUNT OF BLUE SMOKE GOES AWAY AFTER 1 MIN OR SO, THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE THE LPG CONVERSION. I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE GUY WHO FITTED IT WHO WAS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE HAD A FEW CARS DONE IN SOME SRTETCH LIMOSANY IDEAS? SHOULD I BE WORRIED

yes you should be worried. with the proper conversion kit for these cars, the LPG should not kick in until there is some heat in the engine. this depends on the ambient temp. normally the LPG will kick in within 1/2 mile run. if this smoke is noticable first thing then you should actually be running on petrol. im no mech but looks like oil seals to me. in regards to the MPG. you should be getting more than this. these tanks have a safety system. you cannot actually fill them full up. there should be about 18% clear in the LPG tank for fuel expansion. this ofcourse could be doctored to give you a little bit more but never full. the system i have is italian. someone has already mentioned this on another post. very good system and they are always upgrading their system with various safety features. my LS430 goes in for conversion on the 21may07. this will be my 4th conversion with the same italian system. and the same installer.

it does seem strange that your problem only started after you had the conversion done. was it fitted by a recognised installer? or by someone you just know?

take the car back to him now and complain. there is a chance that he could have altered something in the cars managment system during installation. take it back now.

good luck. jack.

thanks for the advice i will take it back to the fitter how much did your man charge you and yes mine was a italian system but like i said the smoke in the mornings was never there before conversion and it can t be the oil seals i ahve only done nearly 500 miles now since switching to lpg. maybe its needs setting up or a gas leak maybe. if any one else can shed some light on this it will be greatly appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

come on guys no help on this one i have covered 850 miles on my newly convered ls400 and my cosumption is 195 miles max urban driving on full tank which is about 68 litres. acan any other ls400 owners who have had the cars converted please input on this topic thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links