Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fifth Injector Changed And Better Mpg

took car in last week for 20k service and was told that they would change the injector as part of a recall on certain vehicles,

i have had the 18 months from new and was getting an average mpg of 29.9, i have spoken to lexus about this in the past and was never given a answer as to why so poor returns, i wished i had gone forn the petrol auto,

since the injector change a week ago my mpg is now 35.9 i travel the same route the same time of day and cant believe the improvement in mpg,

i was getting totally fed up with the car and was kicking myself for getting a deisel and had started looking at other makes of car as i wanted a change, i hope my experience and memories fade from the 18 months i have had the car and i decide on another lexus which wont be a diesel

That's great news! Wish I could share it, had mine done about 600 miles ago but no difference at all yet. I seem to really struggle with MPG at the higher speeds for some reason, real effort to squeeze 40mpg even with cruise control in 5th (or 6th) on a motorway run. Do OK on round town only (30-33mpg). Motorway runs I only creep up to 38mpg normally and that's driving very sensibly, mostly with cruise.

Suffer most the squeaks and rattles too..

Still, love the toys and the car mostly - just look on with some envy at the petrol autos!

That's great news! Wish I could share it, had mine done about 600 miles ago but no difference at all yet. I seem to really struggle with MPG at the higher speeds for some reason, real effort to squeeze 40mpg even with cruise control in 5th (or 6th) on a motorway run. Do OK on round town only (30-33mpg). Motorway runs I only creep up to 38mpg normally and that's driving very sensibly, mostly with cruise.

Still, love the toys and the car mostly - just look on with some envy at the petrol autos!

i have a 57 plate 220MM got 57.5mpg from leicester to london and back forget 6th gear stay in 5th at 70, i think i would have got more had it not been for the road works. love the car and the toys

i have a 57 plate 220MM got 57.5mpg from leicester to london and back forget 6th gear stay in 5th at 70, i think i would have got more had it not been for the road works. love the car and the toys

Mine appears to have got worse. I've dropped around 4mpg from previous. Maybe the injector needs to coke up a bit first.

Mine appears to have got worse. I've dropped around 4mpg from previous. Maybe the injector needs to coke up a bit first.

Think the new ones are ok. I had a 57 plate courtesy car and it gave me 46mpg without trying on my daily commute. I only get 36mpg normal and 39/40mpg with dps4.

Agree with the comment on the speed, take it above 80 and it really drops. Even tho it should be great with the low reving 6th gear.

Got 36mpg out of a 250 auto! Waiting for the principle to call me back with an offer to part-ex. Really can't wait to get rid of the piece of junk! One way or another its going.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links