Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Portable Sat Nav & Insurance

I know i have not been online for a while but i do still check back in.

Anyway i know many people out there have portable sat navs eg Garmin Nuvi, Tom Tom, Road Angel Navigators etc. I just wanted to give you a little warning about them.

My mum got given a Garmin Nuvi from Volvo when she changed her car. A week later she got burgled and stolen from a draw was her sat nav. Now her house contents has a clause in it which will 1) not cover car accessories, and 2) not cover satalite navigation units for a propelled vehicle.

The insurance company Axa say as it is a car accessory it should be on her car insurance and claim of that even though her car was not broken into damaged or stolen. The car insurance company Saga say you should not leave items like Sat Navs, MP3 players in the car as it would not be covered. Axa's own car insurance agree you should not leave them in the car for the same reason.

When i questioned Axa on this they just said you can not leave it in the car you are not insured and you can not leave it in the house as you are not insured so could any bright spark tell me where to keep it?

We are fighting Axa on this but i know it is a long haul. I am not happy about it but thought you should all get warned to check house contents insurence cover just in case you are not insured too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links