Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Chaps,

Just a quicky, The sat nav data in my 56 250sel is really getting me down, "missing motorways, no known road in this town etc..."

so i fancies the update.

I've looked on the forum and through the manual, and remember seeing the graphic of how you extract the disk

but for the life of me i cant find it now. Cause i cant get the bl**dy disk out to get the serial number off it.

Any one point me in the direction of the method or graphic instructions to getting those little fiddly pin point screw driver thingys into the

little holes at the right angel to get the front panel off

From what i understand from the map update site you need the number off your disk to put in the search engine

on the web site, which tells you which disk you need to buy.

OR

Does someone know the generic codes for the disks for 2005-2006 version 1

If anyone has a spare 2007-2008 disk or an even more upto date UK only disk

i would be happy to part with some hard earned for it

PM me if you have..

Cheers

Infinity.........

Hello Chaps,

Just a quicky, The sat nav data in my 56 250sel is really getting me down, "missing motorways, no known road in this town etc..."

so i fancies the update.

I've looked on the forum and through the manual, and remember seeing the graphic of how you extract the disk

but for the life of me i cant find it now. Cause i cant get the bl**dy disk out to get the serial number off it.

Any one point me in the direction of the method or graphic instructions to getting those little fiddly pin point screw driver thingys into the

From what i understand from the map update site you need the number off your disk to put in the search engine

OR

PM me if you have..

Cheers

Infinity.........

Changed mine yesterday from the 2005-2006 version 1 dvd (codes 86271-53030/8627160V660J) to the 2007-2008 version 1 (4 DVD european set - you need the 'West' disc for the UK). Got my update from Lexus Cheltenham £115 + VAT, and they also changed it while I took the IS-F for a drive....

To change the DVD:-

Hello Chaps,

so i fancies the update.

OR

PM me if you have..

Cheers

Infinity.........

Changed mine yesterday from the 2005-2006 version 1 dvd (codes 86271-53030/8627160V660J) to the 2007-2008 version 1 (4 DVD european set - you need the 'West' disc for the UK). Got my update from Lexus Cheltenham £115 + VAT, and they also changed it while I took the IS-F for a drive....

Tango,

What a bargin ! £115+ VAT to test drive the New ISF and a free Sat Nav disk thrown in. :hehe:

I found a number of 4 disk sets of the 2007/2008 software on eBay this morning,Ebay unfortnatly they all appear to have have the same serial number. (How Starange).

I thought if the numbers matched up using the maps update site then that could have been a real bargin.

Anyway Scarlet Pimpernell sent me a PM earlier and it looks like a dealer job to extract the disk anyway.

But, not to worry off to the dealers to see if they have an ISF i can test for £115.

Cheers

Infinity

Hello Chaps,

so i fancies the update.

OR

PM me if you have..

Cheers

Infinity.........

Tango,

What a bargin ! £115+ VAT to test drive the New ISF and a free Sat Nav disk thrown in. :hehe:

I found a number of 4 disk sets of the 2007/2008 software on eBay this morning,Ebay unfortnatly they all appear to have have the same serial number. (How Starange).

I thought if the numbers matched up using the maps update site then that could have been a real bargin.

Anyway Scarlet Pimpernell sent me a PM earlier and it looks like a dealer job to extract the disk anyway.

But, not to worry off to the dealers to see if they have an ISF i can test for £115.

Cheers

Infinity

Just a thought, what happens if youre driving acros europe on holiday and your map suddenly runs out

how do you change it, if its a 4 disk set and the dealer has to take the fascia off for you .......Bo :tsktsk: cks!

Does anyone sit down and work this stuff out before releasing a product.

Just a thought, what happens if youre driving acros europe on holiday and your map suddenly runs out

how do you change it, if its a 4 disk set and the dealer has to take the fascia off for you .......Bo :tsktsk: cks!

Did I miss something? I gave you the info you requested + the disc removal instructions that you said you couldn't find (it's in the manual).

You don't have to get the dealership to change the DVD. The tools are in the kit supplied with the car and it's simple enough to change...see the attachment I included in reply to you.

Driving the IS-F or sitting in the waiting area reading the papers/watching Wimbleton on the box and drinking coffee??? Wasn't a difficult choice TBH. :lol:

Did I miss something? I gave you the info you requested + the disc removal instructions that you said you couldn't find (it's in the manual).

You don't have to get the dealership to change the DVD. The tools are in the kit supplied with the car and it's simple enough to change...see the attachment I included in reply to you.

Driving the IS-F or sitting in the waiting area reading the papers/watching Wimbleton on the box and drinking coffee??? Wasn't a difficult choice TBH. :lol:

Appreciate the info, but tried for an hour last night to get the bloomin fascia off and it wouldnt budge

and recieved an PM from Scarlet Pimpernell earlier this morning, explaining that the dealers have a special tool

which is quick and clean for pulling off the front. I spent and hour pulling and twisting and nearly bending those

little pins but it wouldnt come off. I thought thier must be some special technique but apparently not.

Sorry for the confusion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links